Your opinion about this fretboard?

Well it seems to have a fret interval problem between the 7th & 10th frets, but I'll pass on what you might do about it!

Well it seems to have a fret interval problem between the 7th & 10th frets, but I'll pass on what you might do about it!

That may simply be the result of macro photography distorting the view. Actually it may be it.

Henning, what is your concern? Are you referring to the shinny finish? Thats just wear thats to be expected on a vintage instrument and I wouldn't do anything about it.

It would help a lot if you described what your concern is.

Anthony

Last edited:
Yes , that is a fretboard .

I don't like it co's the body neck join isn't at the 12th fret.....reject it.;) and that A string is running at an odd angle to the edge of the board ?

Last edited:
Looks like a normal fretboard to me. Maybe a bit dirty from use but some might call that "patina"
I'm assuming the funny string angles and fret spacings are just due to camera perspective. So what's your opinion of it?

The tiny position marker dots, makes me think it's either a Martin, Ditson, or in that style...

Not sure what the question is... Looks like a fretboard. Looking closer for flaws I do see a couple things: The 9 fret interval looks off, the markers are too small and not in line and it doesn't join at the 12th fret. Other than being dirty and unplayed, looks like a fretboard to me.

Looking at it again, and this perception 'could' be caused by the flash and camera angle, but it seems that the frets are flat on top, and thus need or should be re-crowned for best playability and intonation...but hard to tell from the single photo...

Hello, thanks all for you interest

I don't like it co's the body neck join isn't at the 12th fret.....reject it.;) and that A string is running at an odd angle to the edge of the board ?

Yes! not only the A string but all strings run in a slightly odd angle. But that is my fault trying to compensate for the sound hole being misplaced. Do you think that will cause an intonation problem?

I think that is spot on and the reason why I started the thread in its somewhat cryptic way. I don´t have any other (or better) idea then to remove the frets, fill up the slots with super glue and black wood powder then make new slots and reset the frets in the (hopefully) right positions.

This is a Gretsch ukulele. But it doesn´t have a Gretsch logo on the head. On the other hand when I got it, along with it came a cardboard Gretsch ukulele box, or rather what´s left of it.
But how could it possibly be that a renowned company like Gretsch(?) puts an instrument in the market with a fretwork that is so poorly done?
Or is that the explanation of the missing head logo?

Best regards

seems fine (playable) , for what it is. I cant see able a fret interval prob- are the dots in the wrong place??- if it plays in tune with reasonable intonation then who cares.

If there is a big problem, just make a new FB-

Last edited:
Top Bottom