Obsessed Ukulele Hoarder - needs MOAR - read inside :)

Booli, you never know what satirical gift might show up at your door, now.

I had not thought of that - oh well.

I do not think it possible to close Pandora's Box.

WHAT HAVE I DONE?!?!?!?:confused:

OH NOES!

not to make you feel bad........but

Tuners, neck, freboard, bridge, nut and saddle can all be salvaged from a smashed/cracked body uke provided that the cracks are beyond repair.

Then you can get a cigar box for $2 and rebuild it into something truly your own.
Exactly, I was gonna salvage some of the stuff and use for a future project and I was "storing" it in the trash bin next to my desk (in my man cave I might add), but my wife was on a sacred mission to empty all bins across the house and I missed it :(...

Oh well...
I have made something truly my own anyway so that will have to suffice for now. Played the crap out of my electric uke this evening - damn fun I tell you. Now go build something of your own Booli, you know you want to :D :music::music:!

Last edited:
I always liked Hoarders on A&E. Too bad they can't reboot it for UAS!

Makes me want to go out immediately and buy a dumpster. And I'm not even an ukulele hoarder.

... Now go build something of your own Booli, you know you want to :D :music::music:!

Ha ha - yes - I've actually got a few projects in the works but I have to do some research on how to accomplish certain things with caveman-like tools before I continue. With no budget for an upgrade to 'proper' luthery tools right now so I have to make do with what I have on hand.

One project that's almost finished is where I used a spokeshave (that I did have to buy) to carve a neck and headstock from a single 36" strip of 2x2 lumber (not sure what the wood is, but I have 4 strips of this that have been sitting in my garage for yrs, originally intended for table legs, for a table project that never happened, so I took one, and figure I have 3 more chances to start over if I do not get it right the first time) but I cannot decide on if I want to do a slotted headstock or standard, and if I want to go fretless, fret the wood as is, or make a fretboard, all on what will be a 21" scale length, and also cannot decide yet if I will build out the body to the sides with additional wood to make an upper and lower bout of sorts, and go with a neck-through solid body instrument and put an undersaddle pickup in it, or use a vary large cigar box for the body and go acoustic, with or without a pickup...if I go fretless, I do not really have to worry too much about the bridge and will likely go with something like a banjo bridge or a 1/4" threaded rod for the saddle.

Then I have to decide how I will string and tune it - CGDA or GDAE fifths tuning, or DGBE in linear or re-entrant, all not steel string of course, since steel string wrecks the carefully kept nails on my right hand, and I stopped using a pick a long time ago and really not interested in going back to one...

So I have to figure some things out...:)

...So I have to figure some things out...:)
Sounds like you do! But it's definitely possible with cave man tools, the only two power tools I've used in my project were a drill press (which you could do without, but it helps) and a jig saw (which you could also do without, but it was easier to cut the rough shape out with this than by hand).

Booli,
You may be overthinking this a little.
Why not just start making sawdust?

I've over a dozen ukes, 21 acoustic or A/E guitars, two bass gits, two banjos (the two banjoleles are counted as ukes), at least a dozen electrics, 8 or 9 amps between 30 watts and pocket size and a mandolin.

I do not have a problem.

I've over a dozen ukes, 21 acoustic or A/E guitars, two bass gits, two banjos (the two banjoleles are counted as ukes), at least a dozen electrics, 8 or 9 amps between 30 watts and pocket size and a mandolin.

I do not have a problem.

No way brother, no problem, you're just getting started...:music: :)

I had twenty ukuleles, two violins, a cello, a Chinese poppa and four guitars. I certainly don't have a problem.

Top Bottom