Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Obsessed Ukulele Hoarder - needs MOAR - read inside :)

I always liked Hoarders on A&E. Too bad they can't reboot it for UAS!
    "If a lot of people play the ukulele, the world would be a better place to live."

No hoarder problem here, they all get a turn!

Might be running out of storage space, but then I remembered that I could hang them from the ceiling, so plenty more room for UAS.
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

Wait a minute Booli...
    You mean we're allowed to have more than one uke!!!!

Oh boy this is a game changer.

Quote Originally Posted by photoshooter View Post
    Wait a minute Booli...
    You mean we're allowed to have more than one uke!!!!

Oh boy this is a game changer.
    Thankfully there is no restricted allotment of musical instruments enforced by govt authorities or otherwise in the USA, yet.

For me would be a bare minimum of 6 ukes in the following configurations:

Tenor in both high and low G, i.e. both re-entrant and linear tunings of GCEA (C6)
    Baritone in both high and low D, i.e. both re-entrant and linear tunings of DGBE (G6)
    Tenor in linear fifths tuning of CGDA (mandola, viola, tenor guitar, plectrum banjo)
    Baritone in linear fifths tuning of GDAE (mandocello, cello, Irish tenor banjo)

--

But alas, I have not counted the permutations with different tonewoods, nor concert and soprano scale lengths.

Also not included here are 'solid-body' electric variations for silent night-time practice in headphones or for travel...
    Guinea proverb: "A cow that has no tail should not try to chase away flies."

Quote Originally Posted by kvehe View Post
    Don't forget tuners.
    Yes, TUNERS as well. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by spongeuke View Post
    What, no Ukulele themed Hawaiian Shirts wanted?
    of course. I'll take them.
    Quote Originally Posted by kohanmike View Post
    You should have caught me two years ago when I went through 16 ukes in a year. But now I have an alternate place to give them...I'm still accumulating bass ukes, so nothing for you there.
    Thanks Mike! Maybe next time.

I actually threw a uke in the trash the other day, my first uke at that. I was planning to scavenge it for the tuners etc, but my wife emptied the trash when I didnt notice :P.
    (I had dropped the uke and it had several large cracks as a result)
    "A yawn is a desperate, silent scream for coffee."

Timms Style 0 Solid Mahogany Soprano, KoAloha KCM-00 Solid Koa Concert, CML Electric Concert Ukulele, Korala PUC-20-BK Solid Plastic Concert , CML Solid Western Red Cedar/Spalted Curly Maple Tenor

Quote Originally Posted by cml View Post
    I actually threw a uke in the trash the other day, my first uke at that. I was planning to scavenge it for the tuners etc, but my wife emptied the trash when I didnt notice :P.
    (I had dropped the uke and it had several large cracks as a result)

OH NOES!

not to make you feel bad........but

Tuners, neck, freboard, bridge, nut and saddle can all be salvaged from a smashed/cracked body uke provided that the cracks are beyond repair.

Then you can get a cigar box for $2 and rebuild it into something truly your own.

Sorry Booli, I don't have any extra ukes or uke accessories laying around. I do have some ukulele books that I might send you some day, but right now I'm too lazy to find where I put them. You might as well have them, I'm not using them. They all say the same thing, but they are ukulele books, some people say that you can't have too many ukulele books. We just had a garage sale last weekend and it was quite a success. We made over four hundred dollars. No ukes were sold in the process though. I did sell two trumpets. I don't play the trumpet. I'm not sure how I got two trumpets. That is what happens when you accumulate STUFF. But even so, Monday I hauled two truck loads of stuff to Goodwill, nine boxes of books to the library, filled two garbage cans with trash, and I put some old power tools that didn't sell on the curb, and luckily they were gone the next day. But nothing to do with ukuleles. That is because I am trying to keep my ukulele enthusiasm under control from the start, and sometimes it is not easy, especially with four hundred bucks cash in my pocket.
    Last edited by Rllink; 05-19-2016 at 08:25 AM.
    I don't want to live in a world that is linear.

I just want everyone to understand that I am not a ukulele expert, even though it may look at times like I'm pretending to be.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...tective+Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Rllink View Post
    Sorry Booli, I don't have any extra ukes or uke accessories laying around. I do have some ukulele books that I might send you some day, but right now I'm too lazy to find where I put them. You might as well have them, I'm not using them. They all say the same thing, but they are ukulele books, some people say that you can't have too many ukulele books. We just had a garage sale last weekend and it was quite a success. We made over four hundred dollars. No ukes were sold in the process though. I did sell two trumpets. I don't play the trumpet. I'm not sure how I got two trumpets. That is what happens when you accumulate STUFF. But even so, Monday I hauled two truck loads of stuff to Goodwill, nine boxes of books to the library, filled two garbage cans with trash, and I put some old power tools that didn't sell on the curb, and luckily they were gone the next day. But nothing to do with ukuleles. That is because I am trying to keep my ukulele enthusiasm under control from the start, and sometimes it is not easy, especially with four hundred bucks cash in my pocket.

No worries. Thanks for thinking of me.

I created this thread more in protest or satire of certain forms of UAS, and not so much to stockpile stuff.

I do not expect anything from anyone.

This was more for irony or comic relief.

Booli, you never know what satirical gift might show up at your door, now.
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Thread Information