Another Central New Yorker

WeaserP

Reaction score
Hi all, lurker turned member from Syracuse here. Longtime guitar player looking to pick up my first uke for fun and thought I'd start by doing some research which brought me here. Looking forward to getting to know everyone and learning a lot!

WeaserP

Hi WeaserP - welcome to the forums from Arizona! I was just passing through Syracuse this week - on vacation to Niagara Falls and to Cooperstown Baseball Hall of Fame. Lovely place upstate NY!

Have fun with your ukulele!

Thanks, all!

And, Laura, that composite uke is very interesting to me. I've played an all composite guitar (Blackbird) and I was shocked on how nice it sounded. How do you like the Outdoor uke?

Welcome. I grew up in Rochester. You've come to the right place for info to "pick up your first uke" but watch out, around here that tends to turn into the second, third, fourth...

Welcome. I grew up in Rochester. You've come to the right place for info to "pick up your first uke" but watch out, around here that tends to turn into the second, third, fourth...

Ah, nice to know that you can successfully leave Upstate and live through it. I've a few relatives in Rochester. Nice area. Ad thanks for the warning too but I'm a guitar player who's been down that road once or twice already and I've come to accept my total lack of control. SWMBO is still working on accepting it. ;)

Top Bottom