Kamaka Ohta-san HB-2 DCK Cedar and Koa, Minty

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobmyers

Reaction score
Kamaka Ohta-san HB-2 DCK Cedar and Koa, Lower Price Minty

I’m selling all but one of my ukes as I am not playing them much any more. Ohta-san," the bell-shaped ukulele was designed by Sam Kamaka Jr. and Herbert Ohta in 1965. It produces sharp, clear tones, and was designed primarily for picking purposes. Deluxe features are rosewood binding, rope purfling, and a rope rosette around the sound hole. The fingerboard and bridge are ebony.
This ukulele has a cedar top and the sound is huge! Extremely deep tones but still retaining the attack and clarity. This model is different than any other model you will find. The 16” scale length is between a concert and tenor, and the bell shape body adds to the depth of tone. It has both the volume of a tenor and the relaxed feel of a concert. Truly a unique and amazing instrument many consider to be the ultimate ukulele.
This ukulele a model HD-2 DCK serial # 1222__ was born August 21, 2012 and is in near mint condition. I say near only because it is not new and has been played, but I can’t find a mark on it. It looks just as it did when new. Geared tuners were installed by Kamaka. It comes with original Kamaka hard case in excellent condition as well and the original warranty card unfilled.
The price is $1750 incl. shipping in CONUS with payment through Paypal. You can save $50 if you choose feeless paypal.
Please contact me for more info or pictures bobmyerspe@gmail.com. SEE MORE PICS BELOW POST.

UU1.jpgUU2.jpgUU3.jpgUU4.jpgUU5.jpg

Last edited:
Set up is low G and sounds fantastic, full and rich with high and low equally arrogant.

Great looking uke, but that's the problem with those Kamakas. They think they're so much better than everybody else. :biglaugh:

That is some of the nicest koa I've seen on a Kamaka. Good luck with the sale!

Thanks for the kind words, but I need to sell so I lowered the price to $1750 with another $50 off if you use feeless Paypal.
Bob

I can't believe this is still here. I want one, but don't have the $$$. Maybe that's the issue for other folks...it sure is nice.

I can't believe this is still here. I want one, but don't have the $$$. Maybe that's the issue for other folks...it sure is nice.

yeah - this one is on my wish list too, but lack the funds. 'Events' keep happening that deplete anything saved up.

Good luck with the sale - this one sure looks special!

Alas I am selling ukes - not buying them. The lowest priced ones have moved the fastest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom