Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Why more than one

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful Uke View Post
    3.5? Build in progress that accounts for the .5? Or a terrible accident that resulted in the loss of 1/2 of a ukulele? Or...?
    Brings to mind that old song......."If you ........love........me........half as much.......
    as I..........love you"

Quote Originally Posted by 1931jim View Post
    Brings to mind that old song......."If you ........love........me........half as much.......
    as I..........love you"
    Maybe that's it - Nickie only half loves one ukulele?
    I'm guessing that it might be a shared ukulele, though?

I played for a year, only have three for now.
    One soprano, one concert and one tenor.

How many ukuleles are enough?
    Just one

... more!

That will always be true I guess.

At some point I plan on selling my soprano and getting a better quality concert or longneck soprano, thus not having a bigger number of ukes in total.
    My fingers are simply too big for the soprano, so I would rather sell it to someone who would use it, but keep my entry level concert for a spare that I can take outdoors etc.
    Ohana SK30M mahogany super-soprano, Cort UKEBWCOP Blackwood concert, Anuenue African Mahogany Tenor, Fluke Koa Tenor, Hora M1176 spruce Tenor

Quote Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
    Oh man, just noticed your avatar and sig. Longtime bass slinger here, and I LOVE me some beautiful Rics. 4001s. Rule the world. What are you pushing those bass babies through?
    Depends on the situation. I usually try and use my Ampeg Portaflex, it's small, portable and has that Ampeg growl. Sometimes I'll roll out a Tubeworks combo. If it's outdoors with questionable monitor capabilities I'll use either an old Randall solid-state guitar head or the Portaflex with a line out into an old Peavey CS800 driving some assorted 12 and 15 cabs.
    I too, have nothing of value to add to this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by stevejfc View Post
    The more the better. And you know, I learn something different from each ukulele.
    Guitar players are the same. Look at the collections George Harrison had..... and what Clapton has too. George also supposedly had a uke in each room at his home, Friar Park. Of course, not many of us have 40+ room homes.
    I guess I need to downsize to a five room house.

Started with a Kala soprano (now sold on) then bought a Brunswick BU5 baritone tuned GCEA (now with a low G) and then a Tom slimline tenor which I have just tuned DGBE. This gives me the ability to join in with most tunes - just pick up the most appropriate instrument for the occasion. I take the baritone to play with the Uke3A group and the tenor to play with the folk group. I also have two tenor banjos (one tuned GCEA and the other DGBE for the same reason) ukulele tuning!

For the record, I have two ukes.
    I don't want to live in a world that is linear.

I just want everyone to understand that I am not a ukulele expert, even though it may look at times like I'm pretending to be.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...tective+Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Rllink View Post
    For the record, I have two ukes.
    I may already need an intervention. For all my talk of keeping things minimal and being satisfied with my "two ukes," when I take a real inventory, there are actually FIVE ukuleles under this roof with me (!)

My two recent acquisitions--my players--are my Gretsch soprano and Mitchell concert.

But I also have an old 1950s-60s era no-name soprano I've had for 15 years or so. It was flood damaged in 2010 and needs work to be playable again, but even though it's only been a wall-hanger for a long time, technically it counts.

Then I've got a cigar box uke a friend made me several years back. It is also more of a decoration, but it does play.

The same friend who made the cigar box uke also gifted me with an inexpensive baritone uke recently, though that has become my wife's instrument.

Still, gotta keep a lid on this!
    "A ship in a harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."

- John Shedd

Quote Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
    Still, gotta keep a lid on this!
    I think you need a tenor.
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

Quote Originally Posted by uke1950 View Post
    I think you need a tenor.
    No tenor.....no tenor....blasphemy. Griffis you call yourself and exguitar player but no tenor uke, the shame, the horror.
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields walnut pineapple super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Enya Nova *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

Thread Information