Grace VanderWaal - new ukulele playing star in the making.

Mivo

Reaction score
I wonder if she'll become the next ukulele-playing pop star:

Great voice for someone so young, and great lyrics too. Curious if she wrote the song herself.

Holy Crap! I love this kid.....a super star in the making, with or without the uke. Thanks for sharing, I would not want to have missed this.

Mivo, my sister just sent me this about an hour, I was "holy crap", same as Phil

I take back everything I said about expensive instruments in the "right sound" post, she rocked that Luna tattoo. Might have had a lot to do with her great voice.

Good stuff brother, thanks for sharing

She's amazing, and yes, she wrote the song too. So funny how she says most of her friends didn't know she sang. Well they do now!

I showed that to my almost 9 years old daughter who loved as much as I did. Amazing what kids can do.

I don't know the song she did. Does anybody?

I can't wait to see what she does for her next number.
I loved her personality.

Same here. My daughter sent it to me Wow, what a personality.

This video has been going viral on Facebook. I watched it four times yesterday. Thanks for posting it here.

Thanks a lot for sharing this video! She's amazing and she has a great voice!

I don't keep up with the music competition shows (though my wife loves them), and it was a delight to see this video before she did and share it with her!! What a charming, talented young lady!

Even Simon says she will be the next Taylor Swift!!!! What a voice, and what a talent for song writing!!!!

She's definitely got "it". There's an honesty to her too that is compelling. Hope she never loses that.

Grace is unusually gifted, and it looks like she's bound for greatness.
But part of that, is going to be being a public figure.
Art in a vacuum isn't art, it must be shared to be experienced.
You can't emote, and share yourself without letting people peer into your soul.

On the one hand, it's troubling to see someone young thrust into a spotlight they may not be ready for.
But on the other hand, she seems mature beyond her years, and grounded in a way most adults can't match.

She has to be given the freedom to grow, and sometimes part of growing up is falling down.

Last edited:
Her latest performance. They are definitely marketing her as the next Taylor Swift. The backdrop is very similar to Taylor's staging in concert.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...vanderwaal-bigger-than-taylor-swift/89245642/
She got rid of the Luna. I can't tell what brand this is, but I do believe it's solid Koa.

There was a youtube video where she talked about her ukes she has, and that is a custom her mom had made. Its a Bruce Wei, which she mentions in the comments section of this video

Top Bottom