Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Uke Syllabus for Beginners by a Beginner

Very useful, I'm always trying to find material to improve my poor playing, thanks ...

Default Great Perspective

I agree that this would be a great sticky under the beginners section or as a reference. I play many other instruments but until today, not a uke. I am in full sponge mode and this syllabus is a wonderful teaching aid. Thank you.

Whoa! Just found this! Thank you so much! Have downloaded it and will begin using it.
    Jan >^..^<
    (AKA Chopped Liver)

You say 'Crazy Cat Lady' like it's a bad thing!

"Hold everything with open hands." PereBourik

The thread title caught my eye because I am a real believer in the idea that, those who are very proficient in a particular subject, are often times not the best at explaining it to those who are having trouble connecting the initial dots. I had a Chemistry prof in college who had no idea how to teach elementary Chemistry.

what is the best ukulele for beginners? i got a buying guide at www.ukulelebuzz.com/buy-a-ukulele/ . should i follow there guide?

Thanks so for the hard work you've done on this and sharing it with us! I know nothing of music theory, have never played an instrument before the ukulele, so I know this will further my learning. I appreciate this so much!

Thank you so much for this... it's really helpful for people like me, with no prior music knowledge..

Very cool.

Very well written. I have been playing Uke for 18 months, the informations in this book has clarified a number of things for me. Thank you.
    Tenor: Kinnard, Mya Moe 2052, Mya Moe Resonator 1581
    Concert: Hoffmann ML, Oceana Slothead Cutaway, LoPrinzi Nova MS-C, Kanile'a KPA C, Kiwaya KMC-K, Pono RC-C-PC, KoAloha Mango, Bruce Wei Hummingbird, Waterman KA CWB
    Soprano: Lanikai LU-21(Starter uke!), Kamaka Pineapple 100th Anniversary, Maui Music SK-41 "Pre-Fire", Romero Creations XS, Ohana SK 50G, Zimnicki #20, Makayla Dolphin, Fred Shields Oval, KoAloha KSM-02 (Long Neck), Barron River
    Mini: iUke Piccolo, Fred Shields Pocket

THANK YOU!!
    I've been trying to find something with strumming patterns. I've been trying James Hill's Ukelele Way, and even the pre beginner section seems to assume you understand strumming and notation on when to hold etc (unless I'm just not finding it).
    I started with Uncle Rod's just to get transitioning down which helped, then I tried fingerpicking which I'm getting better at sitting there and mindlessly running the same runs.
    When I tried to do something with chords and strumming I was clueless on when to do chord changes based on just music, and reading the tablature. this looks much clearer. I'll try it tonight and see if I feel less like throwing my uke to the other side of the room.
    Thanks again.

Thread Information