Uke Syllabus for Beginners by a Beginner

Thank you! I just downloaded this and I'll send it to the local copy store.

I studied music in college and didn't start the uke until I was 61. I never enjoyed playing anything more than this instrument. I've made a lot of progress, but the learning never ends!

Thank you thank you thank you 7 1/2 years later! Just bought a uke less than a month ago and have rapidly tumbled down the ukelele rabbit hole since. Been disappointed by a couple of books I recently purchased from Amazon. This pdf is soooo much better!

Amen, D_V. I don't have children (that I acknowledge) and have some disposable income. I've bought the standard books but they are either above my head or beneath my dignity. I have compiled my own book. It is just a few sheets of paper but it contains everything I want to know. It is a shame that there is no ready-made source for us.

I downloaded this document just over a year ago when I was starting out on ukulele. I remember thinking it was good basic information back then. Looking at it today, I am really impressed with how much is here and how well things are explained. A year ago 90% of it was just unintelligible because it was over my head, and I was just hunting through it for specific info.

Over the past year I have been reminded again and again that the theoretical things often just won't stick until you are using them. Yet, when you learn a bit of theory as you practice it seems to very quickly expand the horizon of what you can do. For that reason, I plan to revisit this syllabus more often.

Thanks to those who recently posted here and brought me back this excellent resource.

Top Bottom