Thomas Creek Brewery Jimi Hendrix Ukulele Campaign

DeG

Reaction score
This morning I discovered that the following mission statement is being used by the Thomas Creek Brewery out of South Carolina:
IMG_20160617_103454.jpg
So I'm asking all ukulele players to post and/or share Jimi Hendrix ukulele videos on social media using the hashtags #hendrixuke #uwcfreebeer #makeitrightthomascreekbrewery

I'm trying to get a response from the brewery, maybe an apology, maybe a donation of beer to UWC...I don't know..I want to keep if friendly and hopefully they will appreciate the viral marketing and we'll get some recognition for the ukulele community as well.

So please post, tweet, instagram, Facebook, etc and see what we can stir up!

Defend your honor as an ukulele player! :)

That has been tweeted to them and posted on their Facebook page already.

Small victory so far...they have mentioned that they would trade beers for songs if anyone comes by the brewery with their uke...not sure of the veracity of this offer...more updates to come!

A Southern uke player, don't need them around, anyhow. Hope you get some satisfaction!!!

One of my personal favorites, done with my pal Southside Mike.

Their statement is both insulting to uke players and Jimi Hendrix, who wrote terrific songs.

So I'm asking all ukulele players to post and/or share Jimi Hendrix ukulele videos on social media using the hashtags #hendrixuke #uwcfreebeer #makeitrightthomascreekbrewery

Done............

Ehh, I've got a pretty thick skin when it comes to simpletons mocking the ukulele.

I'm more offended by a brewer who thinks beer should be served in a frosty glass. If it's too cold, you miss the flavor of the beer as much as if you chug it!

Jimi Hendrix started out playing "Jimi Hendrix" on an Ukulele, or at least playing something on it since it was his first instrument.

(Whoops - a step behind ya JR!)

Whatever............I don't get my panties all in a knot when a beer company tries to be funny. They are a beer company trying to sell product

Ha! I didn't know that!

Hmm, I'm not sure how much it "counts" though - a garbage uke with one string. And he replaced it with a $5 acoustic 6-string. That doesn't help our case very much does it. :p

Well... ummmm... yeah... but like Dirk noted above - I'd argue that it counts as "playing Hendrix on ukulele" :)

Ha! I didn't know that!

Hmm, I'm not sure how much it "counts" though - a garbage uke with one string. And he replaced it with a $5 acoustic 6-string. That doesn't help our case very much does it. :p

you have to adjust the price for inflation!

I'm used to "guitar snobs", but "beer snobs"?

Ehh, I've got a pretty thick skin when it comes to simpletons mocking the ukulele.

I'm more offended by a brewer who thinks beer should be served in a frosty glass. If it's too cold, you miss the flavor of the beer as much as if you chug it!

Truth .....amen

Top Bottom