Favilla Soprano, Unknown year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markr1

Reaction score
Favilla Soprano, Unknown year. SOLD!!!

I have for sale a Favilla Soprano unknown year. I bought it a few years ago on eBay for what seemed to be a bit of a bit of a hefty price. The tuners needed replacing so I added the cheaper Grover tuners on and had to drill out a little for the larger tuner shafts. It did cut into the emblem a little. The bridge has been overly glued on at some time before me. It appears original and is very stable and should be considering all the extra glue they used. The goods are it plays nice and holds a tune and a big bonus, No cracks at all anywhere and some very small nicks but not bad at all. Mahogany looks great on it. It was well taken care of except the tuners and the bridge reglue. I'm not into sopranos and not so much into ukulele anymore and that's my reason for selling. If I'm not going to appreciate them then someone needs to. As far as how it sounds it's a Favilla. What more can I say. I have an old Favilla Baritone with several not bad cleated cracks from years ago and cool crazing all over it and I love it. You won't find any cool crazing on this old soprano. Comes with hard shell case with keys that fits it like a glove. Shipping to USA only.....SOLD..... Asking price $225 shipped. PRICE NOW is $175 Shipped. Payment accepted from paypal or money order. Any questions just hit me up. Thanks for looking.100_3768.jpg100_3771.jpg100_3775.jpg100_3776.jpg100_3777.jpg

Last edited:
Couple of more pics. Need anymore let me know. No markings on the inside of the sound hole.100_3785.jpg100_3786.jpg

Last edited:
How is the action & intonation on her?

Action is good. Just eyeing it, it appears to be between 2 and 3mm. I'll have to find my measuring rule after while. Intonation, I don't know never checked. I did the open fret vs 12th fret and there may be couple of strings off a couple of cents but I doubt I'm accurate. Sorry I can't be more definitive.

For my baritone, Tom Favilla said if there's no label on the inside; it's between 1946-'53. I would imagine the sopranos may be at least that and earlier.

Thank you for the added info Patrick. I didn't know that.

This Favilla is SOLD to a good home. I hope you enjoy. Thanks all for looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom