WTT: Gretsch 9110 SK Solid Koa Concert

Status
Not open for further replies.

cml

Reaction score
WTT: Gretsch 9110 SK Solid Koa Concert for...?

I figured I'd see if there is any interest in a direct swap for this great solid koa uke? I've also got a FS thread with more pictures here:
http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...8-FS-Gretsch-9110-SK-Solid-Koa-Concert-EUROPE

My fingers dont agree with the thicker neck profile of a Gretsch (similar to a Pono for reference) so I'd like to rehome this concert.

I'm open to offers, but since I have a new koa concert with a slimmer neck profile - perhaps not that :). I'd prefer at least a solid top of spruce, cedar, redwood etc etc.
Soprano, Concert,Tenor or perhaps even a Baritone PM me or reply in this thread. My only firm demand is a slim neck profile.

I purchased this uke new at 450euro, the case was 50 euro so that's a reference but as said, I'm open to ALL suggestions. I'd rather someone could enjoy my Gretsch than it being a very pretty wall hanger.

I'm up for a trade worldwide, but I am located in Europe. Give me a shout if you have any questions!

26936283953_87be3127a4.jpg

26935367374_85bf1e4239.jpg

Last edited:
I'd like to re-iterate that I'm open to ALL suggestions here, even if it means that I'd be trading "down". I'm looking for a direct swap, no money inbetween, because I'd rather have someone enjoy this ukulele (isnt that what they are for?) rather than me holding on to it when I cant use it properly due to finger pain.

Give me a suggestion for a trade, either here or in a PM :)!

Here is a quick sound sample I did today:

(yes, I know its OOH-ku-lele :p)

I'll trade world wide.

Last edited:
Noone out there with something fun to trade with :(?

It doesnt have to have the same nominal value as my concert, my only firm demand is a thin neck profile. An Ohana of some kind perhaps? If you've got something lying around and would like to try a solid koa uke, throw me a PM or reply here. Direct swap is what I'm looking for, so the only cost we would pay is for the shipping.

To everyone on the other side of the Atlantic, happy 4th of July :cheers:!

Wish I had something to trade you. Looks like a beautiful uke. My Gretsch is laminate but I love it.

If I had the dough i would buy another one of these ukes View attachment 92363View attachment 92364
Super thin fast neck and played very well for a mid range Ibenez quilted maple concert.
uke. Maybe mine was special. I'd still have it today if I
hadn't have run over it with my car a few years ago.
A friend of mine patched it back together. It plays OK,
now. Like a beginner uke and is at a neighbors house.
Perhaps you could get one of these? You said to make
ANY suggestions :)

Thanks Bonesigh, but I'm not looking to buy another uke - I've already bought one with a neck I can play. I do however feel it's a shame to let a great uke just hang on the wall, so I was going to offer it for trade if it doesnt sell, as long as what I get back is something I can play ;). Even if it means I'd lose money on the deal, perhaps I'd make someone happy and that's a good goal isnt it :)?

My fingers dont agree with the thicker neck profile of a Gretsch (similar to a Pono for reference) so I'd like to rehome this concert.

My only firm demand is a slim neck profile.

Just to clarify, when you say neck profile are you talking about NUT WIDTH or the NECK THICKNESS from fretboard to rounded back where the thumb goes?

With guitars, I often see NECK PROFILE specified as some modified form of a C-shape or D-shape, but seldom see neck THICKNESS listed, and even less info is given by uke makers other than scale length and nut width...

Have you tried any Kala or Fluke instruments? How would you characterize their necks?

Unfortunately, I cannot recall the Pono or Martin /neck profiles /thickness /nut widths from when I tried them a year ago, so I have no real basis for comparison...

Sorry if the above is too many questions, but I've seen 'neck profile' used to mean many different things over the years and NOT standardized. :)

Sorry if I was unclear, it's the thickness to which I am referring :). Not so bothered about width. Unfortunately I've never tried a fluke and the kalas were a good while ago. There was a post here on the forum which compared necks but I'm on my mobile atm, will try to find it later!

EDIT:
Here's a couple of good threads I found, the first has some measurements on page 2, but both threads are good:
http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?118844-Neck-Thickness&highlight=neck+thickness
http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?109805-Neck-Thickness-Comparison-Link

Last edited:
Weekly bump! Anyone with something fun out there, dont be shy - shoot!

A tenor or bari would be especially fun, but open to all options!

Last edited:
Hi. I dont play my Kala travel tenor anymore because my Moku tenor and Ken Timms soprano.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom