::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so clueless! I had no idea Buick even MADE ukuleles....

They're not common, but they're sturdily built and comfortably seat a family of five...
attachment.php

Attachments

• Buick Uke.jpg
    Buick Uke.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 30
I have two, neither one related to tooth decay. One front tooth, the result of an overbite; constant friction for years finally wore enough of it away that I needed to crown it. Also a back tooth that lost a battle with a jawbreaker; they are aptly named.

I have lost count. But I have helped many dentists have a lovely income.

None of us knows how long we have. My brother died at 37; I'm already nearly 20 years older than he ever was. My mom just celebrated her 90th. She retired at 62 because my dad did. Her comment: "If I'd known I was going to live this long, I wouldn't have retired so young." Live and love every day, that's all you can do. You have a beautiful wife and a beautiful son, and a vocation that makes the world a better place. If you spend the rest of your life worrying about when you're going to die, you'll reduce the value of the time you have.

Nicely written.

My crowns are porcelain covered, except the ones on my very back molars. I prefer the porcelain look....

If it were visible, I would too. This is on the second-to-last molar in the upper back. It already has a gold crown which is being replaced. That is why I was like "why?"

If it were visible, I would too. This is on the second-to-last molar in the upper back. It already has a gold crown which is being replaced. That is why I was like "why?"

You should've let them try to color match the porcelain to the existing crown.

When I was drafting the jerk in front of me brake-checked me. Totaled both cars.

(Just a joke - I don't tailgate. One of my pet peeves.)
Hee hee then you weren't drafting.
If you were drafting properly, even if the person in front of you slammed on the brakes, the impact would not be that hard because you would be close enough that the car in front is still pretty much going the same speed at impact. And his brakes would be slowing both of you down.
Assuming this was on the back straight prior to the entry of turn three of course.

Hee hee then you weren't drafting.
If you were drafting properly, even if the person in front of you slammed on the brakes, the impact would not be that hard because you would be close enough that the car in front is still pretty much going the same speed at impact. And his brakes would be slowing both of you down.
Assuming this was on the back straight prior to the entry of turn three of course.

Not so much on a motorcycle. In Moto-x, brake checks are part of the game.

I have no crowns. Fluoridated water all my life. I really think it made a difference.

I had no cavities, ever. Doc kept poking the back teeth saying "does that hurt?" And I kept answering no.
Finally he said he was just going to do inlays on three of them. It seems the way the teeth formed there were exceptionally deep grooves in the center, and he said it was only a matter of time before I got cavities in them.
So either small inlay now, or pain and big cavity and big filling later. I let him do it.
Then after my wisdom teeth were extracted, my gum tissue grew up high in the back, making it impossible to clean there. Gum surgery followed, and then they discovered that this tooth had decay in the side, so they had to crown it. I got 25 years out of it, I think that is a good run.

Reminds me of an old joke. A prankster parishioner noticed that the pastor drank deeply from a cup of water during his sermons, so he mixed 50% vodka into the padre's cup. After a particularly fiery sermon, another congregation member approached the pastor, commenting "I always thought that Cain slew Abel; I never knew he kicked the s** out of him!"

All depends which translation you read.

"On average, Americans can now expect to live 78.6 years, a statistically significant drop of 0.1 year, according to a report on 2016 data published Thursday by the National Center for Health Statistics. Women can now expect to live a full five years longer than men: 81.1 years vs. 76.1 years."

Somewhere along the line it seems like we have all started expecting to be 95.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom