::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just like needling our fearless leader every now and then.

Actually the wine part is true. I can't name what I'm tasting on my own but if someone suggest something like "leather" than all of a sudden my brain says "YES, LEATHER" With wine I know I like a big bold front end and a nice smooth finish. Usually cabs fit that bill.

I got all my tasting skills by hanging out with other beer nerds. they pointed out different flavors Ive never noticed.

I make an imperial stout aged on wood chips soaked in whiskey. Call it Big Dan Stout. love it. Took a good 5 batches to get it down.

That sounds really tasty.

I got big into Single Malts for a while but now with a family and a teacher's salary I just reminisce.

Sculpin (especially grapefruit) is one of my favorites.

Ooohhh what was the keg???

The keg was a golden ale produced by a friend of Mike Hater's - Mike, I always forget your friend's name :(

It is a magical golden elixir.

Anchor steam is a classic. Corona is great too. Was drinking it this weekend at the beach. Tons of brewers (myself included) use pelletized and or powdered hops. It's better for bittering with less flavor imparted.

The latest thing is using concentrated hops called lupulin powder. Makes some great flavors too.

I have a friend who has started trying lupulin powder. He's just been diagnosed with celiac disease and is getting started trying to brew gluten free. Homebrewing has been his one passion (besides his family), so the celiac diagnosis was a real blow. He's won several awards around here. I really hope he finds some gluten free options that he enjoys brewing.

Fingerpicking. Aaauugh!

Sarah has me learning "inside out" picking: pluck 3-2-1-4-2-3 under whatever chord I might be holding. My repeatability collapses at about the 6th iteration. I'm such a spazz.

It's funny I learned that when I was a kid taking guitar lessons. I mean like 9 or 10 years old. It is the ONLY fingerpicking I can do reliably pretty much forever and even up to near-banjo speed if necessary.
I try to switch it up and add melody in there for some songs with occasional success. It's when you have to hit the same string a couple times in a row for melody that my brain spazzes out.

Oh, by the way that pattern works great for "White Sandy Beach" and "Pua Lilia"

"Working" of course. We're going on a 2 week vacation starting next week, so I'm in the process of getting things cleaned up so nothing will be hanging when I'm gone.

Going on vacation for your birthday?

Last morning at the lake. Headed south this afternoon.

I always say goodbye to the place. I never know if it's my last time here. It's quite ridiculous to maintain a vacation cabin 1200 miles from where you live along with 10 other owners. I only visit every couple of years and the upkeep on an almost 100 year old cabin is crazy.

But the emotional strings tug very hard on all 11 of us cousins. Our grandpa built it in the 30's, our two young mothers helped strip the logs. We all spent our summers here as children. It's our history and that history is hard to let go of.

I know I'd never let it go. Not with that family history....

I have told Paul I want to retire at 62. I want a share of Soc Sec before they steal it. I am a tad bit over 60 1/2. He hasn't said no yet.

I'd have been gone a couple of years ago if I hadn't been out of church work for 3 years in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom