::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the putting "ukulele" in front of your name (e.g. Ukulele Bart), but I found Ukulele Mike's videos very helpful when I first picked up a uke. It was like having your grandpa showing you how to play.

Now Bart? Epitome of douchebag.

Morning, PoHos! I'm heading back to school to work in my room. Official first workday (I think I've already said this - getting old and repeating myself) is 8/17. But I have a ton of stuff to do before then . . .

Why?

Teaching is an 8:00-3:00 job!

I agree with the putting "ukulele" in front of your name (e.g. Ukulele Bart), but I found Ukulele Mike's videos very helpful when I first picked up a uke. It was like having your grandpa showing you how to play.

Ukulele Mike is OK I guess. I've learned some from him, especially Somewhere/Wonderful World, but he gets mercenary at times and that just turns me off.

Ukulele Mike is OK I guess. I've learned some from him, especially Somewhere/Wonderful World, but he gets mercenary at times and that just turns me off.

Agreed. I just used his vids at the very start of my journey and moved on pretty quickly.

I've been married to Elaine for 20 years, and I've heard her drop an f-bomb....once. she's probably put up with a half dozen from me. It's something we just try not to do....

I just settle for not peeing or pooping while he's in the room.

Yes. And have you met Ray?

I just settle for not peeing or pooping while he's in the room.

I used to think that the bathroom was my little sanctuary but Mika walked in while I was sitting on the throne pretty early into our relationship.

I honestly felt violated. She invaded a very private space.

12 years later I put up with it but still feel weird about it.

Aloha Kakahiaka!
Had fun at the "show" last night.
The concert was from 1989, when the band had the same lineup and the same sound as the first time I saw them live (same year). The keyboard player at the time, Brent Mydland, was an absolute monster on the Hammond B-3,
one of my favorite parts of their sound. I felt gipped as the B-3 seemed to be missing from the mix, the piano was there, but when he hit the B-3 there was no sound. Bummer. Lots of fun though!
I came home and played a few songs.
One of which (I Need a Miracle) I had never really played before, that was kind of cool! I did not have to look it up or anything, I was just able to play it, riffs and everything.
It was also fun to see Bruce Hornsby sit in for a couple of songs, I think it may have been one of the first times he did so, he looked SO happy to be there, I totally get it.

Aloha Kakahiaka!
Had fun at the "show" last night.
The concert was from 1989, when the band had the same lineup and the same sound as the first time I saw them live (same year). The keyboard player at the time, Brent Mydland, was an absolute monster on the Hammond B-3,
one of my favorite parts of their sound. I felt gipped as the B-3 seemed to be missing from the mix, the piano was there, but when he hit the B-3 there was no sound. Bummer. Lots of fun though!
I came home and played a few songs.
One of which (I Need a Miracle) I had never really played before, that was kind of cool! I did not have to look it up or anything, I was just able to play it, riffs and everything.
It was also fun to see Bruce Hornsby sit in for a couple of songs, I think it may have been one of the first times he did so, he looked SO happy to be there, I totally get it.

were there a lot of people at the movie?

Hammond B3 reminds me of Greg Rollie from Santana and early Journey.

I am cautiously optimistic about our new principal. I am old enough to be his mother, but he seems to have a good head on his shoulders. Everyone I've talked to is excited. It is a fresh start. It feels like the oppression has lifted. It will be a hard year, but I don't think we will be beaten down as before. I think we will be challenged to grow.

His e-mails start with Dear Team. I heard him talking to the custodians yesterday and as he was leaving said, "Team, I'll be in my office if you need me". Team. Not us and them.

I watched him interact with a parent (who is not one of ours). She came in mad because her kids had been assigned to our school and she had been trying to get it changed for 6 months (or so she said). She was really upset because she kept getting the run around. The secretary told her the deadline was past and she would have to call the county office again. The lady was upset (not yelling or anything). He came out of his office and stood and listened. Then he said gently "Come in my office and we'll call them right now and try to get this straightened out". His first thought was to help her to get a resolution. He defused the whole situation by his kindness.

And he actually speaks to you when he passes you in the hallway!

My morale is skyrocketing. (Understand it was under the building before).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom