Page 5574 of 6058 FirstFirst ... 4574507454745524556455725573557455755576558456245674 ... LastLast
Results 55,731 to 55,740 of 60574

Thread: ::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Quote Originally Posted by gyosh View Post
    Rafe Report: (It's basketball club season now so)

Friday: School basketball game, followed by club team practice, followed by "stacked" team practice. This year our boys got divided up because the league plays 4/5 grades together. All our boys from last year had a miserable time because they were divided among four teams and the fourth graders this year are remarkably unskilled. So we put together all the 5th graders and entered a tournament. They bumped us up to the 6th grade division when they saw our roster (we have six kids that play on pretty elite club teams). Our team name is "Tomodachi Terrors" (friends) which really makes no sense but the kids wanted it.

Sat: All day Tournament for one of our league teams. They'll play two games on Sat. and one on Sun.

Sun: Hopefully the championship game. But yeah, more basketball.

Mon: Consult with the doctor who is going to do my angiogram. I took the whole day off since the appointment is in the middle of my day. I guess I'll catch up on correcting papers.
    I am presently bummed that I missed so much of Matt's early childhood.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/hoosierhiver

UWC: no shirt, no shoes, no problem..

Ukes questions should be emailed to mike@mainlandukes.com

Rafe Report:
    Friday: Sign papers
    Saturday: Fly back to Kansas
    Sunday: Preaching and teaching disciples
    Sunday afternoon: collapse
    Dig Infinity!

Quote Originally Posted by Ukulelerob View Post
    Really? Very little actual talking goes on on modern phones.
    I'm not a responsible smart phone owner. I don't have healthy limits.
    "play till you don't suck no more" ~Chuck Deyo "I think it's cool you turned one of your 'some day I'm gonna's into a 'today I did.' " ~RichM "Self care is not failure." ~JerBear "It is impossible to reason with people who do not rely on reason." ~ mascompro "You make your own magic." ~ Mim"The riff-raff are my people." ~ Joko

Other people's opinions of me are none of my business.

I"m "Mr. James' Dad" on the playground. One kid has started calling me Mr. Yoshida. His mom told him that's what he'll have to call me when he gets to my school.
    My kids call me Miz K. When I started there, I didn't think it was fair, as a sub, to make them remember my polish name, and when you write it on the board people say KOLEski, not koLESki. Now I've been there for three years, so it's unlikely to change.
    "play till you don't suck no more" ~Chuck Deyo "I think it's cool you turned one of your 'some day I'm gonna's into a 'today I did.' " ~RichM "Self care is not failure." ~JerBear "It is impossible to reason with people who do not rely on reason." ~ mascompro "You make your own magic." ~ Mim"The riff-raff are my people." ~ Joko

Why is Lynn yelling so early in the morning?!

Let's do this!!
    Right? Shhhhh... pass me a latte.

In fact, I'm about to settle down to do a finals project and I'm considering running to the coffee shop for latte fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierhiver View Post
    That makes me feel some kinda way. Those years are so needed for the foundation before the hurricane of teenagerhood.

I tried three times to spell adoles... but apparently I don't know how.

Rage report:

Homework remaining - powerpoint due Saturday, paper and final exam due Sunday.

Friday: homework
    Saturday: invited to maple syrup festival with a friend from work but depends on homework status. pick spouse up from airport - YAY.
    Sunday: church, where I am taking photos of youth ministry for a "goodbye" presentation to our youth ministry director the following week. More homework.

Then it's spring break for me! And I can do things like... my taxes!

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierhiver View Post
    When I hit my 40's I was resigned to the fact that I wouldn't have children and I was pretty bummed because I always thought I'd be a dad.

Then I met Mika and things got rolling pretty quick. Now I wish I had a child in my 30's so I'd have more energy. One of the couples we hang out with because of our sons could be my kids. In fact, the dad was a student at my school when I first started teaching. Talk about awkward.

I love being a dad.

And it sounds like you do too . Cheer up and think of what the future holds for him.
    9:23448

Passionately Untalented

Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

Gary Yoshida (added for Mim)

Quote Originally Posted by Freeda View Post
    My kids call me Miz K. When I started there, I didn't think it was fair, as a sub, to make them remember my polish name, and when you write it on the board people say KOLEski, not koLESki. Now I've been there for three years, so it's unlikely to change.

Wow, those three years flew by fast!
    9:23448

Passionately Untalented

Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

Gary Yoshida (added for Mim)

Quote Originally Posted by PereBourik View Post
    The Oxford comma is the Gold Standard of grammatical perfection.
    You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it out of my cold, dead fingers.
    Jon's Facebooks
    The PoHo Store

We've got a ukulele cool that can't be faked. -hoosierhiver
    ...if being a good person was easy no one would be a dick. -skitzic
    I have no issues with bluntness, but being an asshat is not being blunt, it's just being an asshat. -austin1

Thread Information