::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In an unfamiliar place I guess it isn't so bad, but knowing how long your drive should take while you're just sitting there going 5mph in between stops is very annoying.

I take surface streets all the way home now because at least I'm constantly moving and I only get trapped for one signal that I have to wait more than one-cycle of lights.

I let Google navigation guide me - it's pretty up on the traffic and is good to reroute you if there's a faster way to go.

Beer hall. Wooden shields with the logos of German beer companies on them. Bavarian flags (blue/white checks). Rustic, mountain-themed. Wandering accordion players wearing lederhosen or dirndls.

this^^^^^^

Hey Sally go to Old World and take pictures to send to Freeda. I would but I don't live there anymore. I would love to go and eat some weisswurst and bier!

Now I have a hankering for Gustav's jaegerschnitzel.

Where do your flowers come from? With autumn here do you have to go with greenhouse flowers? In the winter I think we get a lot shipped up from South America (as well as greenhouses).

you got it brus. hothouse central here through autumn and winter.
funnily enough the hothouses produce the best crops always.

It did not look like much traffic in Ewa today but the freeway is very busy. Glad I rode TheBus today, I almost drove.
I missed all three buses this morning, and was a little pissed at myself then (since I sat for 20 minutes not getting closer to work) for not driving, but if you factor in the walk back to the house to get the car and the traffic, and not being able to go in the carpool lane, I am sure I am still coming out ahead. As I was typing this TheBus made it around whatever obstruction was there and it is now full speed in the zipper lane past all the traffic.

I may have mentioned this before but there are three (actually four) bus lines I can take to work.
One stops close to my house, but the last one leaves at 6:20am, and it is always full, so I usually must stand the whole trip.
There is another that I have to walk a little farther, last one comes at 7:20, and I can usually get a seat.
Then there is a third that stops at the same spot, comes every 30 mins all day, but goes through Waipahu so takes a little longer to get to work.
Last, there is another that comes every half hour, but is not express so it takes over two hours to get downtown. I took that one to the airport yesterday.

So I was counting on taking tat 6:20 today, and as I rounded the corner I saw it drive away.
Rats.
Started walking to the other stop, and as I was waiting for the light to change, the other two BOTH went past.
Normally they are a few minutes apart.
Not today.
So I had a bit of a wait.
I wished I were still in bed.

my mom loves flowers so I appreciate them as well. I did not inherit her very green thumb though. The fragrant flowers I love are Jasmine (pikake) ginger (awapuhi) gardenia (Pua kiele) and Pua kenikeni (no idea what the English name is).
I like to look at tulips, mums, orchids, yeah I like flowers.

my mom loves flowers so I appreciate them as well. I did not inherit her very green thumb though. The fragrant flowers I love are Jasmine (pikake) ginger (awapuhi) gardenia (Pua kiele) and Pua kenikeni (no idea what the English name is).
I like to look at tulips, mums, orchids, yeah I like flowers.

me too brah. i've spent most of my adult life on a farm, growing flowers.
these days i live in urbania with limited capacity to grow,
but we have some ginger stems on our block.
the only stuff i harvest from our place now is roses and lillies.
the scent of jasmine makes folks weak at the knees, young or old :) .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom