Page 4095 of 6058 FirstFirst ... 309535953995404540854093409440954096409741054145419545955095 ... LastLast
Results 40,941 to 40,950 of 60574

Thread: ::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Quote Originally Posted by Ukulelerob View Post
    You are close to Kim (Sailqwest). She is on the east side near the hills. Or at least she was. I haven't heard anything in ages.
    I ran across a post from her recently,
    and was happy to see it until I realized it was an old thread that was revived and her post was 4 years old.
    1:5255
    My Quiver: S & J Craft Milo Tenor "Liliu" six string custom and Milo and Lychee concert by Emil Bader
    Pono PKT-1 Koa Tenor w/MiSi, Lanikai LU-21T - Autographed!, Hikare CU 528 Baritone
    R&L all koa mini concert, Mainland Gecko, Epiphone Les Paul Vintage, Kala Concert
    Compass Rose 5 string
    Nothin' left to do but : ) : ) : )

Quote Originally Posted by bbycrts View Post
    I love your weird life experiences.
    Exactly. Mike and Tammy. Best stories ever.
    UWC; only those who have not been can rationalize not going.

Quote Originally Posted by Pueo View Post
    I ran across a post from her recently,
    and was happy to see it until I realized it was an old thread that was revived and her post was 4 years old.
    Isn't it weird when that happens? I see a thread that's interesting but don't check the date. The I get a page or two into it, see familiar names, and finally notice that its a several year old thread that has gotten one banal post like "me too" or "I just love mine" and it has been called forth from the tomb.
    Why me?
    "Some people see the hand of God in their lives, some only the finger."
    - Evan Eisenberg, Atlantic Monthly, July/August 2006, p. 151.

14:29044

Quote Originally Posted by glass View Post
    Me too. I think I had some weird stuff then I hear stories from Pere.
    OK, this is creepy and I don't approve of the behavior.

From last night's news: a Leavenworth man was arrested for taking videos up women's dresses at the Leavenworth Walmart. I've been to the Leavenworth Walmart. There's no one there whose dress you'd want to see up. Come to think of it, you don't even see that many dresses at the Leavenworth Walmart. Sweat pants or PJs rule our fashion world.
    Why me?

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierhiver View Post
    I ended up in Albuquerque once. I was hitch-hiking across the country and back and was on my way back east. I got pciked up by a young guy in a big lincoln or some such thing. After a half hour he stops again and picks up another hitch-hiker, a young dude that just got out of the navy and was going home. Then about 20 minutes after that we come across a biker couple with a pitbull on the side of the road next to a broken down car. The car is full at this point, he drives us to Albuquerque and takes us all to his apartment to stay the night! On top of that, he takes half of us out to eat leaving the other half at his apartment to shower and then takes the other half out to eat. I slept on the floor and in the morning he dropped me and the sailor on the highway and took the biker couple to a mechanic. Best good Samaritan ever.
    This is the kind of story the Bond, Vaga Bond wants to be able to tell.
    Why me?

It seems like a vagabond story.

"And I play dress up every Sunday and try to make the case for an invisible friend" PereBourik

ankohonu.jpg

I got this pretty hilarious email the other day. Evidently this thread is being targetting by internet marketers.
    Rayan, What you are doing?

I give up with my PM box, just email ryan(at)ukuleleunderground.com

YES Mahaloz!

Quote Originally Posted by rayan View Post
    ankohonu.jpg

I got this pretty hilarious email the other day. Evidently this thread is being targetting by internet marketers.
    Going after a pretty small group.
    9:23448

Passionately Untalented

Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

Gary Yoshida (added for Mim)

Quote Originally Posted by Freeda View Post
    Well, that's about it for me. I'm exhausted and annoyed. One more day of school, then I spend the weekend in Nashville. The big one.
    Whoops. I thought the rate was for the whole weekend. It's per night.

Sigh.
    "play till you don't suck no more" ~Chuck Deyo "I think it's cool you turned one of your 'some day I'm gonna's into a 'today I did.' " ~RichM "Self care is not failure." ~JerBear "It is impossible to reason with people who do not rely on reason." ~ mascompro "You make your own magic." ~ Mim"The riff-raff are my people." ~ Joko

Other people's opinions of me are none of my business.

Quote Originally Posted by gyosh View Post
    Like from The King and I?

I think Myanmar is the correct term nowadays.
    Their church says Burmese church? The king and I was Siam.

Wikipedia to the rescue:

In 1989, the military government officially changed the English translations of many names dating back to Burma's colonial period or earlier, including that of the country itself: "Burma" became "Myanmar". The renaming remains a contested issue.[14] Many political and ethnic opposition groups and countries continue to use "Burma" because they do not recognise the legitimacy of the ruling military government or its authority to rename the country.[15]

In April 2016, soon after taking office, Aung San Suu Kyi clarified that foreigners are free to use either name, "because there is nothing in the constitution of our country that says that you must use any term in particular".[16]

The country's official full name is the "Republic of the Union of Myanmar" (ပြည်ထောင်စုသမ္မတ မြန်မာနိုင်ငံတော်, Pyidaunzu Thanmăda Myăma Nainngandaw, pronounced [pjdʊɴzṵ θɴməda̰ mjəm nɪɴŋɴdɔ̀]). Countries that do not officially recognise that name use the long form "Union of Burma" instead.[17]

In English, the country is popularly known as either "Burma" or "Myanmar" /ˈmjɑːnˌmɑːr/ (About this sound listen).[6] Both these names are derived from the name of the majority Burmese Bamar ethnic group. Myanmar is considered to be the literary form of the name of the group, while Burma is derived from "Bamar", the colloquial form of the group's name. Depending on the register used, the pronunciation would be Bama (pronounced [bəm]) or Myamah (pronounced [mjəm]). The name Burma has been in use in English since the 18th century.

Burma continues to be used in English by the governments of many countries, such as Canada and the United Kingdom.[18][19] Official United States policy retains Burma as the country's name, although the State Department's website lists the country as "Burma (Myanmar)" and Barack Obama has referred to the country by both names.[20] The Czech Republic officially uses Myanmar, although its Ministry of Foreign Affairs mentions both Myanmar and Burma on its website.[21] The United Nations uses Myanmar, as do the Association of Southeast Asian Nations, Australia,[22] Russia, Germany,[23] China, India, Bangladesh, Norway,[24] Japan[18] and Switzerland.[25]

Most English-speaking international news media refer to the country by the name Myanmar, including the BBC,[26] CNN,[27] Al Jazeera,[28] Reuters,[29] RT (Russia Today) and the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC)/Radio Australia.[30]

Myanmar is known with a name deriving from Burma as opposed to Myanmar in Spanish, Italian, Romanian, and Greek Birmania being the local version of Burma in the Spanish language, for example. Myanmar used to be known as "Birmnia" in Portuguese, and as "Birmanie" in French.[31] As in the past, French-language media today consistently use Birmanie.,[32][33]
    "play till you don't suck no more" ~Chuck Deyo "I think it's cool you turned one of your 'some day I'm gonna's into a 'today I did.' " ~RichM "Self care is not failure." ~JerBear "It is impossible to reason with people who do not rely on reason." ~ mascompro "You make your own magic." ~ Mim"The riff-raff are my people." ~ Joko

Other people's opinions of me are none of my business.

Thread Information