::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Migrating my phones and tablets to Verizon.

Yesterday's issues all fixed and we're getting a family plan with 8 devices total. They have a promotion going on for old phones. We have enough old phones that we're getting 6iPhone 7s and only paying for one.

I really think that unless you live in Death Valley or you run your furnace set to 90 degrees all winter you should not have to worry about care too much Jan.

:agree:
It's really not hard to keep it in a case with a humidifier. I have the Oasis humidifiers. They crinkle up when they dry out, so it's easy to know when they need to be refilled.

Yeah, this. Despite a whole house humidifier our indoor humidity is about 20% in the winter and gets up to about 40% in the summer due to the a/c. Outdoor humidity 60-70%. Oasis humidifiers keep everybody happy. One of my ukes is the notorious KoAlana spell concert that had a return rate to HMS of 15% or so due to poor humidity control during the build. No problems. Be diligent, but don't overthink it.

Beau Hannam thinks that the back & sides do not make a big difference to the sound. Most of the work is done by the soundboard. In theory a solid/laminate hybrid should be a good compromise.

If your visiting Mim and can play the Ukes don't worry about laminates vs solids. Just pick one by the way it sounds.

If your visiting Mim and can play the Ukes don't worry about laminates vs solids. Just pick one by the way it sounds.

Yes. Pick the one YOU like for YOU! But also get one, like Sukie said, that will be instrument that you can grow into.
For example, my Lanikai. It was my first ukulele. I still have it, and it is playable, but now I hear the intonation is not that great and the sound is kind of dead. It collects autographs now.
I have a few ukuleles that are real players. Every time I think I want a new ukulele, I ask myself, is this really any better than the one I already have? The answer is often "no" unless it it something that I really really cannot afford. Hanging out at Kimo's house has been really tough on my UAS in some ways, but also not too tempting because it will be years before I can afford any of those anyways, if ever.

Nanilei could not wait until dessert to see how the magic custard cake tasted.

ZOMG!

It is frickin' D E L I C I O U S!

It is kind of like mochi cake with a layer of custard in the middle.

So. Good!

Yeah, this. Despite a whole house humidifier our indoor humidity is about 20% in the winter and gets up to about 40% in the summer due to the a/c. Outdoor humidity 60-70%. Oasis humidifiers keep everybody happy. One of my ukes is the notorious KoAlana spell concert that had a return rate to HMS of 15% or so due to poor humidity control during the build. No problems. Be diligent, but don't overthink it.

Beau Hannam thinks that the back & sides do not make a big difference to the sound. Most of the work is done by the soundboard. In theory a solid/laminate hybrid should be a good compromise.

Yeah, Mim said that on one of her videos. I also read it a couple of places. One place said the top accounted for about 90% of the sound.

I talked about going to the daughter's pool. I found a picture on the book of Face.

14222103_10206719792945796_3909683434728496599_n.jpg

You can see the wooden deck they built to the left of the picture.

The sad thing is it doesn't get used that much anymore. The grandkids are away at school, and on with life, and my daughter has to be careful out in the sun. She has had skin issues that require a doctor's help.

So, I am wavering on the solid uke thing.I'm reading lots of UU things about care and I jut don't know that I want to do all of that humidity stuff. Too dry and they can crack. Too moist and they can mold. Pretty sure I don't want to deal with all that.

PLUS I want to leave it out where I can grab it and play it.

Don't worry. I'll get Mim's advice on it.

I have a mohogany from Mike and I don't use anything go humidufy it and sometimes I leave it out of it's case. I have never had any issues. It still looks and sounds as beautiful as the day I got it.

I have a mohogany from Mike and I don't use anything go humidufy it and sometimes I leave it out of it's case. I have never had any issues. It still looks and sounds as beautiful as the day I got it.

How's life treatin' ya girlfriend?

Oh, we were down at Turkey Run this last weekend.

How's life treatin' ya girlfriend?

Oh, we were down at Turkey Run this last weekend.

On the way home we were traveling up 41 and when we hit Attica they had the highway shut down for a parade.
WTH? You shut down a US Highway? Anywho:
We had to take 28 to 25 to 231 and up past Lafayette.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom