::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yesterday I was working on Lana'i. The 4:20 flight was cancelled. They put me on the 7:45 flight. Then one of the staff said, come on, we'll take you back to Oahu in the charter.
50wk1ur.jpg

This plane is nice. Single engine turboprop, costs about $5M, the company bought two of them specifically to shuttle elite guests to and from the Four Seasons hotel.
Inside is all leather and wood and thick carpet. Fast too!

Living the dream.

Like this last kid for instance. She cut my foods class 15 days in a row and only comes once or twice a week since then. She's a senior and was failing ALL of her classes six weeks ago and wasn't going to graduate. She busted her ass in her academic classes and is passing all five now but failing mine. She needs to pass them all to graduate next week.

She's a dumb kid who made poor choices. Do I make it harder for her in the next few years or put my ego aside and let her taste a little success for her hardwork in the other classes? I gave her the hardest and longest assignment to make up. It will definitely fill up her weekend. Hopefully she'll learn a lesson. If not, she will when she's on her own and there's real consequences for not doing your job.

It's a crap position to be put in and it happens all the time.

That's a hard one. Does letting her slip through give her a new start? Or does it teach her that in the end she'll always be able to charm her way through, no matter how she slacked up until the crisis moment? I'm not trying to argue one way or another - I don't envy the position it puts you in.

Close it and start at chapter 24

IF we do close it the next chapter is 23. Doesn't matter how long this chapter is; even a good book with an exceptionally long chapter won't skip a number just because one chapter was longer than the rest. I'm indifferent - performance doesn't seem to be hurting, so it's not necessary to close it for that reason (which was the original reason to close chapters). Doing it for tradition's sake is already 30K+ beyond the tradition point, so that doesn't really matter. On the other hand, I have whatever chapter is current open on my computer at all times, so it doesn't matter to me if it's this one or a new one. But I am opposed to skipping a number.

What the hell! I just don't get it.

Two kids on the way to the hospital. Shooter apprehended is all I saw. It happened at a middle school. James is in middle school next year. What the hell do they have to be so angry about at that age?

IF we do close it the next chapter is 23. Doesn't matter how long this chapter is; even a good book with an exceptionally long chapter won't skip a number just because one chapter was longer than the rest. I'm indifferent - performance doesn't seem to be hurting, so it's not necessary to close it for that reason (which was the original reason to close chapters). Doing it for tradition's sake is already 30K+ beyond the tradition point, so that doesn't really matter. On the other hand, I have whatever chapter is current open on my computer at all times, so it doesn't matter to me if it's this one or a new one. But I am opposed to skipping a number.

The ONLY chapter that might skip the serial count would be 13 and it's too late for that.

Next week is my last week of school for this year! This term has flown by. I will look forward to the summer break...but I'm going to miss school, too. This has been my best year of the four I've spent doing this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom