Page 5837 of 6058 FirstFirst ... 4837533757375787582758355836583758385839584758875937 ... LastLast
Results 58,361 to 58,370 of 60574

Thread: ::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Hey, the re-order was cheaper. Winning!
    "play till you don't suck no more" ~Chuck Deyo "I think it's cool you turned one of your 'some day I'm gonna's into a 'today I did.' " ~RichM "Self care is not failure." ~JerBear "It is impossible to reason with people who do not rely on reason." ~ mascompro "You make your own magic." ~ Mim"The riff-raff are my people." ~ Joko

Other people's opinions of me are none of my business.

Yesterday was my mom's birthday. She would have been 70. But she isn't. So there ya are.
    "play till you don't suck no more" ~Chuck Deyo "I think it's cool you turned one of your 'some day I'm gonna's into a 'today I did.' " ~RichM "Self care is not failure." ~JerBear "It is impossible to reason with people who do not rely on reason." ~ mascompro "You make your own magic." ~ Mim"The riff-raff are my people." ~ Joko

Quote Originally Posted by gyosh View Post
    We went to double over time in basketball again but lost in sudden death when a kid heaved a hook shot and the damn thing went in. Good for him!! It was his only basket.

James had another great game. Joining this team has been great for his confidence. He scored another 19 points today and drilled a 3-pointer with six seconds left to send the game to overtime. It was a pretty cool moment for him, there was a little pause in there when he shot it, that the gym went silent and then erupted when his shot snapped the net.

Feels really good when your kid does well.
    So jealous, I was just thinking of soccer season.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/hoosierhiver

UWC: no shirt, no shoes, no problem..

Ukes questions should be emailed to mike@mainlandukes.com

I know Gary Yoshida.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeda View Post
    Yesterday was my mom's birthday. She would have been 70. But she isn't. So there ya are.
    I still get the idea to call mom sometimes to tell her something, then it's like, oh yeah, that part of my life is over.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/hoosierhiver

UWC: no shirt, no shoes, no problem..

Ukes questions should be emailed to mike@mainlandukes.com

I know Gary Yoshida.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierhiver View Post
    I still get the idea to call mom sometimes to tell her something, then it's like, oh yeah, that part of my life is over.
    I don't do that very much. I do a lot of "oh, I wish mom could see this." But at my nieces' dance recital, I was caught quite off guard when I thought "oh, I wonder if mom's here yet?" That was pretty soon after and it just hit me like a bag of bricks.

Someone said it's like losing your compass and that is the most resonant reference I've yet been given.

I also think it's interesting that now that she is gone, I am ... ready? not ready but have no choice? processing a lot of trauma stuff from my past. One of mom's highest values was someone who could be "a brick" in crisis, so maybe I don't have to do that anymore? Or *can't* do that anymore? Maybe I've lost my capacity for stoicism? Or maybe she was the foundation for my walls that made life manageable? It's like, she died, I grieved, there was a little pause, and then all this crap came roaring back from other stuff. I'm a hot mess over here.

Therapy and work today, in that order.

Sounds like a grim day. I should add in some tacos. Tacos make everything better. #thisiswhyimfat

I'm cleaning out the middle bedroom. Again.

In an effort to keep it from re-cluttering, I am going to try turning it into a music room. I have furniture I can put in there, and just kind of gather everything in one spot. I have my ukes hanging on a living room wall but I think it looks pretty cluttered. This will keep everything tidy.

If the kids wind up moving home (stepkid, baby, babydaddy), that room will become a nursery, so I don't want to have to go at it with a shovel when the time comes. Tidy now, easy later.

We actually really want them to move home. We'll see how it goes.

Some people call me the thread killer, yeah
    Some call me the killer of fun
    Some people call me Freeda

Ok, I just learned that the next lyric in The Joker contains the word "Pompitous". WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by Freeda View Post
    Some people call me the thread killer, yeah
    Some call me the killer of fun
    Some people call me Freeda

Ok, I just learned that the next lyric in The Joker contains the word "Pompitous". WTF?
    Pompatus (/ˈpɒmpətəs/) is a nonsense word coined by Steve Miller and most famously used in his 1973 hit single "The Joker". The word was inspired by a similar nonsense word, sometimes transliterated as "puppetutes," in the 1954 song "The Letter" by The Medallions.

---Wikipedia

Thread Information