::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, two options... Close this thread, rename it to 22-24 and the next one will be 25. Or... Let this one go until 75K? I'm cool with both so which do you all prefer?

Hi, Andy! Wouldn't this thread be 22-23, and the next one 24? I think that would get my vote....

OK, two options... Close this thread, rename it to 22-24 and the next one will be 25. Or... Let this one go until 75K? I'm cool with both so which do you all prefer?

Yo Andy - personally - 60K is essentially twice as long so close it now or go to 90K... I would close now.... :2cents:

You know how you can tell it's the last day of school before finals start?

I have eleven emails from students begging to make up work they blew off during the year.

THE. LAST. DAY. OF. CLASSES.

You know how you can tell it's the last day of school before finals start?

I have eleven emails from students begging to make up work they blew off during the year.

THE. LAST. DAY. OF. CLASSES.
You don’t let them, do you?

You’re driving???? Jeez, you are one hour from UWC.

Yep. It would be drive home from Indy on Monday. Drive back to UWC on Thursday. Drive home on Sunday/Monday. (I expect the level of debauchery would render it a 2 day drive.)

Depends on the kid and the circumstances.

If it's to pass the class, I'll often let them make up assignments but I make it a little harder for them and scare them a bit about responsibility. Most won't learn a thing from it, but if one does, I'm okay with that.

Gary I need a catch up, way too much to read.

So not everyone was locked out? And Andy’s back? This feels twilight zoney again.

we were all locked out

no long catch up other than Andy wants us to decide on whether to close the chapter(s) now or at 90K

Like this last kid for instance. She cut my foods class 15 days in a row and only comes once or twice a week since then. She's a senior and was failing ALL of her classes six weeks ago and wasn't going to graduate. She busted her ass in her academic classes and is passing all five now but failing mine. She needs to pass them all to graduate next week.

She's a dumb kid who made poor choices. Do I make it harder for her in the next few years or put my ego aside and let her taste a little success for her hardwork in the other classes? I gave her the hardest and longest assignment to make up. It will definitely fill up her weekend. Hopefully she'll learn a lesson. If not, she will when she's on her own and there's real consequences for not doing your job.

It's a crap position to be put in and it happens all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom