::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some houses we looked at have a prison stype bathroom in basement. Just in corner no walls is the throne. No curtain no nothing. Kinda weird to call it a half bath....

Some of the places we looked at in HI had plumbing in the garage.

I told Mika I was going to make it into a half bathroom complete with urinal and put a fridge and portable A/C out there. "You may not see me for months."

Some houses we looked at have a prison stype bathroom in basement. Just in corner no walls is the throne. No curtain no nothing. Kinda weird to call it a half bath....

My neighbor's house was like that. We built them some walls.

Job report:
I really like it here.
I feel like a valued member of a great team.
This week a bunch of tier 1 (the people who take incoming trouble calls) were in training, so we senior folks had to be onsite and available to assist - we were told not to schedule any on-site visits for this week if possible.
For two brand new clients, the CEO and the VP each reached out to me directly and told me to go meet with them and evaluate their situation and make recommendations.
I replied that we were supposed to be on hand for coverage this week, and then I received email from my manager (who told us not to schedule any off-site stuff) telling me to set up the meetings and go.
So the "top brass" as it were are aware of me and specifically want me to be the first person they meet from our company, and trust me to form that relationship.
Feels good to be appreciated. This is after nearly 9 years of feeling like just a worker bee.

Job report:
I really like it here.
This week a bunch of tier 1 (the people who take incoming trouble calls) were in training, so we senior folks had to be onsite and available to assist - we were told not to schedule any on-site visits for this week if possible.
For two brand new clients, the CEO and the VP each reached out to me directly and told me to go meet with them and evaluate their situation and make recommendations.
I replied that we were supposed to be on hand for coverage this week, and then I received email from my manager (who told us not to schedule any off-site stuff) telling me to set up the meetings and go.
So the "top brass" as it were are aware of me and specifically want me to be the first person they meet from our company, and trust me to form that relationship.
Feels good to be appreciated. This is after nearly 9 years of feeling like just a worker bee.

Yay!

(for lack of better stuff to say)

Freeda, almost walked out the door without my ukulele and camera I packed up last night! Well, I did walk out the door,
but I went back to get it. After meeting the new client I will find a spot to record some songs. :D

I teared up this morning in front of our entire staff.

One of our new hires is a former student and during his introduction he thanked two of us for recognizing his potential and not letting him "wallow in mediocrity" (it's a mantra I preach to the kids). He credited us for him getting his GED and pursuing college when no one in his family had ever graduated high school. He's here to pay it forward. "I hope I live up to the standard you taught me Mr. Yoshida." (that's when my eyes leaked). It's a good day.

It's weird. You never know what will resonate with the kids but as teachers we really do have tremendous influence.

. . . and never underestimate the power of a chocolate chip cookie recipe in teaching a youngster about life :)

Job report:
I really like it here.

That is wonderful, Damon!

Job report:
I really like it here.

Wait, what? Do you mean to tell me that there are employers out there that value their employees?! And I'm supposed to believe that? (Conga rats, Damon)....

Job report:
I really like it here.

You da shizz!

Ish! Put up some walls or at least a curtain.

I teared up this morning in front of our entire staff.

One of our new hires is a former student and during his introduction he thanked two of us for recognizing his potential and not letting him "wallow in mediocrity" (it's a mantra I preach to the kids). He credited us for him getting his GED and pursuing college when no one in his family had ever graduated high school. He's here to pay it forward. "I hope I live up to the standard you taught me Mr. Yoshida." (that's when my eyes leaked). It's a good day.

It's weird. You never know what will resonate with the kids but as teachers we really do have tremendous influence.

. . . and never underestimate the power of a chocolate chip cookie recipe in teaching a youngster about life :)

Now I have something in my eye. (And you thought 7 days of meetings were a bad thing.)

And they have wicked teeth....

But they never bite unless attacked. Seriously they are the gentlest creatures ever.

A few years ago a neighbor came and asked me to help him. This was a man my age. Some a-hole had stuffed an opossum in his mailbox. He knew I wasn't afraid of them. The poor creature had been there all night. I gently pulled it out and sat it on the ground and it ambled off into the bushes.

Anyone want a really good deal on a Nike+ series 2 38mm Apple Watch?
iPhone 5 or later with iOS 10 required.
Pueo needs some ukulele money! :D

Who knows, I might end up gifting it. I don't see myself getting an iPhone anytime soon. Nanilei has one, but she does not wear a watch. I have heard that some people just use the watch and sync to their spouse's phone, but if I am going to wear a smartwatch, I want it to connect to my phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom