I'm going to make some concert size Ukes

Gotcha. My old eyes, didn't catch or see that, and even I had cataract surgery less than five years ago. Sometimes, my missus sends me to find something from the kitchen, tells me where, and I can never find it. She claims I have selective hearing, but I'm trying to convince her that I don't also have selective eyesight. :)

We do have threaded inserts in the big-box stores, and I've even used them. Thought I'd post a picture, but I can't find them. ;), ;), ;)

Great thread, and much useful knowledge you've dispensed here.

Another Male Refrigerator Blindness sufferer.

I missed this thread the first time round, Ken. Another fascinating read. Bloody great result!

John Colter

Thank you for re-posting the great pictures!

I have to admit a little disappointment because I thought you were announcing a new run of concert ukuleles. (hint, hint)

I was the same lol.

Now.... If there was a low key limited thread run... Hmmmm

I decided that making lots of different style uke's was too much for me co's i'm a lazy retired old git.. and I decided to stick to what I know best, and just build a few sopranos when I felt like it.

So I passed on all the Concert size jigs molds and bender to another Luthier to find a new home for them..and I don't know where they are now.

Last edited:
I understand that completely, even if it shatters a tuesday afternoon flight of fancy :)

Thanks for the reply and explanation.

So I passed on all the Concert size jigs molds and bender to another Luthier to find a new home for them..and I don't know where they are now.

This is good to hear. When I read, back on page 8(?) that you were going to clean out your workshop and “throw a bunch of stuff out” I nearly fell out of my chair. I assure you that your junk would certainly be a new builder/luthier’s treasure.

Ken,
Just finished reading through this startlingly magnificent tour through the rebuilding of this ukulele.
All I can really say is, Thanks! I am sure I shall be returning to it many times.

Just found this thread. I read if from start to finish. What a project and what skill Timbuck. Excellent job. Shame concert and tenors aren’t being build but being retired myself, I understand…..it’s not a job…..

Time for some young folks to do the concerts and tenor.

The wood and the way you took the old and added the new body as well as the skill to build the jigs, benders etc was fascinating.

Good on you!

As far as I know there is only one..and that went to a Guy in Germany.
Hey, I just now saw your post. I am that Guy from Germany and I am still happy with the uke. Especially, ever since I tuned it down to Bb. Delightful!

Here's a little song I recorded last December for our annual Christmas greetings (in standard C tuning): -->Click!<--

😇

Sehr toll, Germans singing in Spanish and English- das gefällt mir- and the uke also sounded great!
Thanks!

We actually spent our Christmas holidays on the Canaries and this was the only Spanish tune we could come up with. :D

Hello Ken
Very much looking forward to seeing your progress on this one. I don't know what kind of wood was used on a Martin, have you decided what wood you'll use? Building a Ukulele off of a found neck is pretty neat. Never a dull moment with you Ken. :)
Regards
Ed

Hello Ken
Very much looking forward to seeing your progress on this one. I don't know what kind of wood was used on a Martin, have you decided what wood you'll use? Building a Ukulele off of a found neck is pretty neat. Never a dull moment with you Ken. :)
Regards
Ed
I think your out of phase Ed ..I did this Years ago ;)

Top Bottom