Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: I'm going to make some concert size Ukes

I have also updated this old thread and replaced all the Photobucket (spit) pic's
    http://ukulele-innovation.tripod.com ebay i/d squarepeg_3000 Email timmsken@hotmail.com

If you can believe that moving images and sound, can fly through empty space across the universe and be seen and heard on a box in your living room ?.. then you can believe in anything.

I missed this thread the first time round, Ken. Another fascinating read. Bloody great result!

John Colter

Thank you for re-posting the great pictures!

I have to admit a little disappointment because I thought you were announcing a new run of concert ukuleles. (hint, hint)
    Kamaka HF3, Tenor
    Eastman EU3C, Concert
    Martin S1, Soprano
    Martin T1K, Tenor

I was the same lol.

Now.... If there was a low key limited thread run... Hmmmm

I decided that making lots of different style uke's was too much for me co's i'm a lazy retired old git.. and I decided to stick to what I know best, and just build a few sopranos when I felt like it.

So I passed on all the Concert size jigs molds and bender to another Luthier to find a new home for them..and I don't know where they are now.
    Last edited by Timbuck; 04-16-2019 at 02:35 AM.
    http://ukulele-innovation.tripod.com ebay i/d squarepeg_3000 Email timmsken@hotmail.com

If you can believe that moving images and sound, can fly through empty space across the universe and be seen and heard on a box in your living room ?.. then you can believe in anything.

I understand that completely, even if it shatters a tuesday afternoon flight of fancy

Thanks for the reply and explanation.

So, a Ken Timms concert uke would be a rare bird indeed! How many are out there? Does anyone else here on UU have one?
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Ukecaster View Post
    So, a Ken Timms concert uke would be a rare bird indeed! How many are out there? Does anyone else here on UU have one?
    As far as I know there is only one..and that went to a Guy in Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuck View Post
    So I passed on all the Concert size jigs molds and bender to another Luthier to find a new home for them..and I don't know where they are now.
    This is good to hear. When I read, back on page 8(?) that you were going to clean out your workshop and “throw a bunch of stuff out” I nearly fell out of my chair. I assure you that your junk would certainly be a new builder/luthier’s treasure.

Ken,
    Just finished reading through this startlingly magnificent tour through the rebuilding of this ukulele.
    All I can really say is, Thanks! I am sure I shall be returning to it many times.

Thread Information