Australian Red Cedar Tenor

Graham Long

Reaction score
Hi,
I've Got an Australian Red Cedar & Purple Gidgee Tenor forsale

Back and sides - Australian Red Cedar
Neck - Koto, an African wood in the same family as Mahogany
Heastock overlay, fretboard, bridge and rosette - Purple Gidgee.
Soundboard - Engelmann Spruce
Bindings - Curly Mulga sapwood.
Nut & Saddle - Northern Teritory Buffalo Horn
Tuners - Grover.
Bound fretboard, with Evo Gold fret wire.
It has a gloss mirror finish in Nitro cellulous lacquere

The Red Cedar came from the Boyne Valley region in central Queensland Australia, the tree had been dead for many years and was milled in the early eighties and has been in our wood collection since then.

Purple Gidgee is a rare Australian Acacia, when cut the wood is a dull green brown colour, but over time it changes to a deep purple. The pieces used here have had some sapwood left on them to show that it hasn't been stained.

You can view some pictures via the link below, more pictures and sound clip available on request.

http://www.gladstoneluthiers.com/boyne-valley-tenor.html

Cheers
Graham Long
Gladstone Guitars
Australia

Last edited:
Hi John,
It's $1,500 Australian Dollars, which includes the hard case. Not sure what would be involved in sending it to the United States, or what the shipping cost would be. This is the first instrument I have offered for sale on UU, so it's the start of a learning experience, which I'm looking forward to.
Cheers
Graham

Thankyou, for flattering comment, it's one of many that I've made. Have a look on my website you can see some of my past builds in the Gallery section and builds in progress can be seen in Workshop/what's on the bench section.
Thanks again for comment.
Cheers
Graham

Hi,
I've Got an Australian Red Cedar & Purple Gidgee Tenor forsale

Back and sides - Australian Red Cedar
Neck - Koto, an African wood in the same family as Mahogany
Heastock overlay, fretboard, bridge and rosette - Purple Gidgee.
Soundboard - Engelmann Spruce
Bindings - Curly Mulga sapwood.
Nut & Saddle - Northern Teritory Buffalo Horn
Tuners - Grover.
Bound fretboard, with Evo Gold fret wire.
It has a gloss mirror finish in Nitro cellulous lacquere

The Red Cedar came from the Boyne Valley region in central Queensland Australia, the tree had been dead for many years and was milled in the early eighties and has been in our wood collection since then.

Purple Gidgee is a rare Australian Acacia, when cut the wood is a dull green brown colour, but over time it changes to a deep purple. The pieces used here have had some sapwood left on them to show that it hasn't been stained.

You can view some pictures via the link below, more pictures and sound clip available on request.

http://www.gladstoneluthiers.com/boyne-valley-tenor.html

Cheers
Graham Long
Gladstone Guitars
Australia

Good luck with the sale. If you haven't read the guidelines, there are some suggestions that might help:
http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...items-for-sale

Good luck with the sale. If you haven't read the guidelines, there are some suggestions that might help:
http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...items-for-sale
He isnt breaking them:
There are three Marketplace rules:

Please do not post links or otherwise direct people to your eBay auction. This subsection is intended for member-to-member transactions only, sans middle man. If you would like to announce your eBay auction, please do so in the Links and Videos subsection.
The Marketplace is for:
1) Member-to-member private sales which form no part of a business
2) Sole luthiers who personally make all the instruments they sell.
Please note: Larger manufacturers employing additional builders may not sell in the Marketplace. Dealers may not sell in the Marketplace. If you wish to start a thread about your business, you may do so in the Links and Videos subsection.
Certain items are unsuitable for trade through UU. The following are prohibited and may not be mentioned, even in hints or code, in the context of trading on this forum:
> weapons (including, but not only, firearms, knives, bows/crossbows, stun guns and martial arts weapons)
> drugs or medicines
> any item the trading/selling of which is subject to legal regulation or control, including items such as tortoiseshell, wood, and other things covered by the CITES convention.
See that bolded section, this is a sole luthier selling his great piece of art.

Top Bottom