What's up at the Flea Market?

Strumdaddy

Reaction score
Anyone know what's happening at Flea Market Music?
It's been at least a week since their site was available - I miss the casual, drive-by gawk at lovely ukes I can't afford

Anyone know what's happening at Flea Market Music?
It's been at least a week since their site was available - I miss the casual, drive-by gawk at lovely ukes I can't afford

It's working for me. Maybe your significant other has blocked you from the site? LOL.

Thanks for the feedback guys...
I just tried, and got connected on my phone. Seems that my lap-top is barring that site for some reason (ooooo spookie, the Universe trying to stop me from buying something that may in fact destroy my marriage??)
I've had a look at the firewall etc but no luck yet.
Hey, I can live with the mystery for a while.

No problem accessing the site here.

To the OP, are you trying to connect to FLEA MARKET MUSIC (FMM), or THE MAGIC FLUKE COMPANY (MFC)?

They are CONNECTED but not the same.

FMM is run Jim & Liz Beloff. MFC is run by Dale & Phyllis Webb.

Phyllis Webb is Jim Beloff's sister.

Jim Beloff inspired Dale Webb to create MFC in the late 1990s.

They are two distinct and separate business entities.

Now that this is clear, I will say that yesterday, I accessed both web sites:

http://fleamarketmusic.com and http://www.magicfluke.com/

without any problems. If anything the FMM web site took a while to reload pages.

ALSO, FYI, the FMM site has a MARKETPLACE similar to UU, where folks buy-and-sell ukes. It is under the COMMUNITY menu.

When I first read the OP's first post, THIS ^ is what I thought the OP was talking about, and other folks seem to have assumed that the OP was referring to the MFC web site.

Yes, I know that there is a link to the MFC web site from the FMM web site, and that MFC instruments, previously (a few yrs back) did not have there own web site, but do now and since then.

I am a huge fan of both FMM and MFC and both the Beloff and the Webb families are some of the nicest folks that I have ever met in my whole life (met them at Uke Festivals and trade shows) and I have 4 of their instruments, which are my favorite players. :)

I hope this helps.

FMM worked fine for me, dammit. I ended with with an aggravated return of UAS thanks to my visit...

FMM worked fine for me, dammit. I ended with with an aggravated return of UAS thanks to my visit...

LOL, me too. I was on the fence last weekend about a certain uke until I saw it in FMM. The FMM listing pushed me over, and I am so glad it did.

UAS is like a monkey on my back...

I check the MFC web site weekly to drool over part of my wishlist of the instruments that I have yet to buy from them

and I check the FMM Marketplace every few days to see if there is anything of interest For-Sale in the pre-loved instrument category.

Also, since I've gotten lots of use out of the original 'Daily Ukulele', I want to get the leap-year version and the baritone versions to complete the music collection. Barnes & Noble was actually cheaper than both Amazon or the FMM web site when I got the first version of the book.

I'd need to sell nearly EVERY other instrument I own, or win the lottery right now to come up with enough cash to feed my UAS demon, and neither are an option right now, so I am trying really hard to keep UAS at bay and enjoy the instruments that I already have...

:)

Thanks Booli,
Yeah -you're on to me... I go to the Market Place regularly to drool.
It was user error, I can't access the site from my laptop so I presumed - in my ego-centric way - that the site was down.
I can't figure it out yet, but will in time

Thanks Booli,
Yeah -you're on to me... I go to the Market Place regularly to drool.
It was user error, I can't access the site from my laptop so I presumed - in my ego-centric way - that the site was down.
I can't figure it out yet, but will in time

Go to http://www.isup.me and put either the web site name or IP ADDRESS in the box and press ENTER and it will tell you if either the site is down, or if the problem is from your computer/smartphone/wifi/router or internet provider

if it's up for everyone BUT you, then the problem is on your end, but if the site is down, but you can get to other web sites as you would normally browse them NOT using isup.me BTW (yes try a few here from your bookmarks) then the problem is on their end, and is often temporary...

Most web server issues are resolved in a few hours, and in that past 5 yrs I've nto seen any of the sites I visit regularly be down for more than that, unless they went offline and/or closed the business...

isup.me works from ALL devices with a web browser, i.e. computer/smartphone/tablet/laptop/SmartTV, etc....

isup.me tests connecting to the site you put in via it's own internet connection, so if you are having firewall issues or something at home, their test is OUTSIDE of your problem area and can tell you if you are beating a dead horse or not...

hope this helps....:)

Top Bottom