Blackbird BTU CF Tenor (Recent)

soupking

Reaction score
Selling my Blackbird Carbon Fiber tenor I purchased from Hawaii Music Supply last year. Doesn't have much playing time, with the usual scratch marks on the face that are impossible to photograph.

I'm asking $1,000, shipped and insured to CONUS only-- sorry. I can take more pics and send by phone to serious inquirers. I've sold about a half a billion ukuleles here over the years, so feel free to inquire with other long-standing members. Thanks-- Matt

Attachments

• IMG_7517.jpg
    IMG_7517.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 331
  • IMG_7680.jpg
    IMG_7680.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_7681.jpg
    IMG_7681.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 235

I don't know why this video is so jacked up, but here's what it sounds like; just like a Blackbird carbon fiber tenor, 'cause that's what it is :eek:

Pusssssh. I'm gonna try to get more pics posted, but as stated up there, it's virtually in like-new condition. I haven't played it much. I think these are going for over $1,400 now. It'll come with the Alligator case, too, provided by Blackbird/HMS.

Price drop to $900. I believe these are $1,400 now, so this is $500 off. PM me and I can email pics and probably more vids.

This is so tempting. But I'm low on extra disposable income at the moment and a vacation is soon. Otherwise I'd probably be all over this deal.

With or without the MiSi pickup?

No pick-up. I never really understood the point of putting one into a Blackbird, though. I bought it to take it anywhere, but, to me, a pick-up would defeat that purpose. Just my opinion on the matter. I'm actually on the fence about selling this now-- I'll leave it open for now anyway and try to push one of my Kamakas first.

Matt,

I have been looking for a BTU for several weeks. I am VERY SERIOUS about this one. Can you tell me, does it come with a case, if so which brand would it be. Does it have a
pick up, and I assume it has the buttons for a strap.

Best Regards, Carla Hansen

Hi there. Im interested. Please check out my big island Uke for sale and if you want part trade I will pay the difference.

Selling my Blackbird Carbon Fiber tenor I purchased from Hawaii Music Supply last year. Doesn't have much playing time, with the usual scratch marks on the face that are impossible to photograph.

I'm asking $1,000, shipped and insured to CONUS only-- sorry. I can take more pics and send by phone to serious inquirers. I've sold about a half a billion ukuleles here over the years, so feel free to inquire with other long-standing members. Thanks-- Matt

Still available?

sometimes not a drop, and then when it rains. . . it pours!

Last edited:
That's a nice looking Blackbird, Matt. If someone wants a Blackbird, this is a good price, buy it soon.
attachment.php

Price drop to $900. I believe these are $1,400 now, so this is $500 off. PM me and I can email pics and probably more vids.

Hey! I'd really like to get my hands on this one if it's still available. Can't send you a message since your inbox is full.

Interested in how the sound differs from their ekoa tenor. The design is very similar to the Clara concert.

This post was from 2016. I would assume/guess that SoupKing sold it (?)

I think Blackbird discontinued this model awhile ago (could’ve been 2016)

This post was from 2016. I would assume/guess that SoupKing sold it (?)

I think Blackbird discontinued this model awhile ago (could’ve been 2016)

Agreed, but might as well try. Haven't had luck at all.

It feels like they discontinued it around 2017; definitely 2018 at the latest.

Top Bottom