FS: Ohana TK-70-8

Status
Not open for further replies.

tshall

Reaction score
I bought this last year from Uke Republic, but it hasn't been getting play time, and I'm trying to be better about not keeping around unused instruments. It's a solid spruce and mahogany slot-head 8-string tenor in as-new shape, with a nice Republic Blues RBX semi-hard case. $275 shipped to the lower 48. I'm in Louisville, KY if you want to pick it up in person. PM if you have any questions or would like to see any other pictures.

A9C65FC8-10B5-46F8-AAA0-AF146D08646E.jpg

8752582B-AA29-450E-99C5-5BED163AB7E4.jpg

7FF39DA3-9FEE-4A1F-86DF-0B4AB0B511A3.jpg

Last edited:
Have to pay at least twice as much to get an 8 string that sounds this good.

May I ask why it didn't get play time? Also thought this had mahogany sizes and back, not maple? Please clarify.

It is mahogany. And I was looking at it while typing. I blame the bourbon.
Honestly I just couldn't get used to the doubled strings. It's nothing that practice time wouldn't cure, but I have enough work to do on the instruments that I play with others in public (guitar and viola da gamba) and just keep picking up my tenor Kala instead.

A shame more people don't know how "AMAZING" they sound for an 8 string in this price range. Based on the ones I've tried, have to pay 2 1/2 - 3 times as much for some real competition for it.

A shame more people don't know how "AMAZING" they sound for an 8 string in this price range. Based on the ones I've tried, have to pay 2 1/2 - 3 times as much for some real competition for it.

...also, anyone interesting in fifths tuning, a 'cheap' mandola starts at like $500 for a Trinity College model, so you could wire this up with CGDA and be in nylon mando-land for around half of that :)

PM sent on Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom