Thread: NUD Kala KA-TEME An impulse buy turned out great

Default NUD Kala KA-TEME An impulse buy turned out great

So, I was calling on a Guitar Center in Jacksonville and found a very slightly used Kala KA-TEME. It was priced at $150 with a Gator hardshell case. Even though, it really needed to be setup, badly; I really liked it! So, I bought it.

After tweaking the auction...I'm still working on that. It's become one of my favorite instruments. It sounds much better than it should! I prefer the acoustic sound to my solid mahogany Gretsch! Plus, it just feels right. The case was a nice bonus. I have the same style for a soprano and really like it.

Very happy with this model. Highly recommended!IMG_5664.jpgIMG_5665.jpg

Wow, what a great find. Everyone of those TEME or CEME Kalas I have played always sound much greater then the selling cost, a try sleeper. The top on that looks like a $1500.00 custom.......absolutely stunning. Congratulations
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Enya Nova *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

Congratulations Timmit65, great find.
    All the best,
    Campbell

YouTube Videos & Tabs
    https://www.youtube.com/user/camsuke

Congrats! It certainly has some showy grain in the wood!
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Congratulations! My first uke was a Kala TEM. I have since sold it, but it had surprisingly good tone and punch for the cost. It was a good looker as well. Enjoy!

Thread Information