Neil Armstrong plays ukulele after returning to earth

Tigeralum2001

Reaction score
Ok, so I have never seen this photo before today. Neil Armstrong plays a ukulele inside the Mobile Quarantine Facility, USS Hornet, 24 July, 1969.

I can see the interview now "Neil, you were the first man to ever walk on the moon, what are you going to do next?"

"I'm going to play an ukulele while in quarantine!"

image.jpg

Ok, so I have never seen this photo before today. Neil Armstrong plays a ukulele inside the Mobile Quarantine Facility, USS Hornet, 24 July, 1969.

I can see the interview now "Neil, you were the first man to ever walk on the moon, what are you going to do next?"

"I'm going to play an ukulele while in quarantine!"

View attachment 92570

Thanks for sharing this.

Do you have a link to the source, for a possibly larger (higher resolution) version of the picture?

Great pic! My dad worked for NASA during Apollo. I'm always looking for cool space stuff. This is the coolest!

One of the reasons they went into quarantine was that Armstrong wanted to play a uke when he came back, at that time there was a secret investigation into a link between Tiny Tim and the shape changing lizards from the dark side of the moon. Rowan and Martin were part of the investigating team. Has anyone picked the make of the uke and the string set.
A Luna?.............ugh, sorry

Just to make it a little easier on everyone.

neil-armstring-ukulele.jpg

Neil Armstrong 2 700.jpg

The question is, did he play the ukulele because he was in quarantine, or did they put him in quarantine because of his ukulele?

I've always thought that you can't get cooler than that on the uke!!! Outta this world!!! hehe

Petey

"Fly Me To The Moon"?

At the time of the moon landing, I was obsessed with motorcycle racing. Nothing else mattered. That weekend I was riding at a circuit called "Snetterton" in Norfolk, England. I was aware that the moon landing was taking place, but as far as I was concerned, it was all just background noise.

John Colter.

Top Bottom