Free KoAloha tenor ukulele

wickedwahine11

Reaction score
KoAloha have been so generous with me. I owed them for the ukulele they recently built for me, and when I tried to pay, they told me the cost was the book I wrote for them. I am so incredibly blessed to have received not one, but two, gifts of incredible ukulele. So here is the thing, I can only play one ukulele at a time. I also wish to pass the blessing onwards. So, I have decided to gift someone with one of the tenors. I am struck with something Alan Okami said about KoAloha instruments, just because you can't afford one, doesn't mean you don't deserve one. So I would like to offer free one beautiful sounding, gorgeous looking KoAloha KTM-00 tenor ukulele to someone that will make her sing, and treasure her. If you, or anyone you know, deserves a KoAloha but cannot afford one, let me know why you want it. I am sorry to limit this to the United States, as it would be difficult to send internationally. I also admit I would prefer to give it to someone in Southern California. My car needs a new timing belt and it would be nice not to have to pay for shipping. That being said, if the right person is outside of SoCal, I am willing to consider them. Please let me find someone that will give this lovely instrument the voice it deserves. I would like to find its new owner by next week, so please give me your request or nomination by Sunday July 24th. All I ask is that it go to someone that does not have sn ukulele of similar value - I want this to be owned by someone that deserves it, but cannot afford an ukulele of its caliber.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Perfect Staci. Paying it forward. The Okamis will surely approve. :)

Well unfortunately the only person I would nominate is across the pond, "bird's eye view of my ukelele". If you would consider her I would kick in the shipping to get it there. Otherwise if it were a soprano I would be doing my best to butter you up for myself but alas I own an old well loved concert size KoAloha I stole for $100 that gets no play as it is.

Good luck to whomever gets this uke it is very nice of you to spread the love like this.

:cool:

Very nice of you! You're my kind of person! :cool:

Petey

That's incredibly generous. I'm afraid I don't fit the bill for your intended recipient, but best of luck to whoever ends up with it.

An outstanding gesture, Staci, that embodies the KoAloha Ohana spirit! Mahalo!

Amazing, this really made me want to go pick mine up and I've been having trouble doing that lately. I know he wouldn't agree but DownUpDave is very deserving. He has some great ukes, however and I'm not sure if you're looking for someone who doesn't have access to those types of instruments. I can't wait to see who you pick though.

Edit- Yeah I just read the last sentence. Sorry Dave haha.

What a wonderful gesture of gratitude and kindness!

What a wonderful idea!
Although I have yet to meet any of the Okami ohana in person, I am sure they will approve.
I have played a couple of KoAlohas that have sounded amazing.

Amazing, this really made me want to go pick mine up and I've been having trouble doing that lately. I know he wouldn't agree but DownUpDave is very deserving. He has some great ukes, however and I'm not sure if you're looking for someone who doesn't have access to those types of instruments. I can't wait to see who you pick though.

Edit- Yeah I just read the last sentence. Sorry Dave haha.

It's all good brother, thanks for the props. I am glad Staci's message hit home and has you picking up your beautiful Koaloha concert. Play it in the spirit in which it was conceived.

You truly show the Aloha spirit Stacey......well done.

Can we nominate you Staci?

Hahaha!

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I just would really hate to see this uke go unplayed and it would not sit well in my heart to sell it. I appreciate the nominations that are coming in, I can guarantee it will go to a good home. I am only sorry I have but one KoAloha to give. Best wishes to all of you.

I nominate Austin Raffipiy.

Link to some of his playing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTUkXPGyy7M

He hosted a couple of workshops at the South Florida Ukulele Festival in March of this year. Back then, he was playing a Lanikai and was a poor college student enrolled at University of Miami. I'm fairly certain that the Ko'olau he is playing in that video is not his own, but I could be wrong.

He's not located in Southern California, but assuming he's still stuck playing the Lanikai, I believe he's certainly deserving of a high-quality ukulele.

What a great idea, Staci. I wish I had someone to nominate. I'm extremely fortunate, and most of my friends have at least one ukulele that either is or is similar to a KoAloha. You can always contact a Bay Area group called Ukes for Kids. The group ordinarily finds less expensive ukuleles for children and young adults who can't afford their own, but a while ago it found a wonderful and loving home for another higher end ukulele. Here's alink to its website.

http://www.ukesforkids.com/

Mahalo for the Aloha! I'm sure that whoever gets this ukulele will cherish it not only as a superb musical instrument but as a symbol of the huge heart and generosity that led the ukulele to him or her.

Very cool of you. I'm sure it will land in deserving and appreciative hands!

Not just an example of generosity and the spirit of the Okami family, but also of a high standing member of the Ukulele Underground. Bravo Staci. One person that came to mind with your offer is Cassie, the sight impaired member in South Carolina who recently got her first uke and as short a time as she's spent playing, has already performed for a group of kids. She seems to have the spirit, but getting the uke to her, especially past the restrictions of her mother might be a problem.

What a great idea, Staci. I wish I had someone to nominate. I'm extremely fortunate, and most of my friends have at least one ukulele that either is or is similar to a KoAloha. You can always contact a Bay Area group called Ukes for Kids. The group ordinarily finds less expensive ukuleles for children and young adults who can't afford their own, but a while ago it found a wonderful and loving home for another higher end ukulele. Here's alink to its website.

http://www.ukesforkids.com/

Mahalo for the Aloha! I'm sure that whoever gets this ukulele will cherish it not only as a superb musical instrument but as a symbol of the huge heart and generosity that led the ukulele to him or her.

Staci..this is the group that my friend Jen donated her Ko'aloha to....it went to someone who would never be able to buy one and they made a video of the person who got it...you can tell he really loved the uke...such a nice thing to do.....you are one of the best....

What a wonderful idea!
Although I have yet to meet any of the Okami ohana in person, I am sure they will approve.
I have played a couple of KoAlohas that have sounded amazing.

yeah Damon..i got to hang with Staci today and with the Okami's....Pops Ko'aloha was so moved he had tears in his eyes.....priceless...:)

Top Bottom