Pono Acacia or Kala solid cedar slothead Concert?

I'm sure you'll be mighty pleased with it :).
Dont forgot to report back once you get it!

I have had the Kala for a couple of days now and am highly pleased with it. There's some adjustment moving from tenor to concert, and the concert seems more noticeably smaller than I expected. But I do believe this will be easier for me to play. The difference in quality of materials, workmanship, and sound in comparison with my Gretsch is remarkable. Cory on The Ukulele Site makes every ukulele sound good, but even with my very elementary efforts this uke has the distinctive sound that caught my ear in his video. The difference in the setup is also noticeable, with clean sound on all frets on all four strings. I added the hard case and some Jazz ukulele books to get my order over $400 for free shipping. Everything looks very good. Thanks to all for the advice.

Update

I have had the Kala for a couple of days now and am highly pleased with it. There's some adjustment moving from tenor to concert, and the concert seems more noticeably smaller than I expected. But I do believe this will be easier for me to play. The difference in quality of materials, workmanship, and sound in comparison with my Gretsch is remarkable. Cory on The Ukulele Site makes every ukulele sound good, but even with my very elementary efforts this uke has the distinctive sound that caught my ear in his video. The difference in the setup is also noticeable, with clean sound on all frets on all four strings. I added the hard case and some Jazz ukulele books to get my order over $400 for free shipping. Everything looks very good. Thanks to all for the advice.

I have now had the Kala KA-ACP-CTG concert for almost three years and have been highly satisfied with it. The sound has gotten even better over time.

I have now had the Kala KA-ACP-CTG concert for almost three years and have been highly satisfied with it. The sound has gotten even better over time.

Congratulations! It's always great when our choices stand the test of time.

Top Bottom