Season 234: “Ham and Cheese”

Jazzbanjorex

Reaction score
Ham and Cheese season of the ukulele. Not about food.

Sorry for the (Hot Dog) length of the video. It's got bloopers!!!

Theme 1: The meat and potatoes of this season:

Take a song and lengthen it or add spice to it by adding an 1)Inro, 2)Turn Around, 3)Instrumental, and/or 4)Ending. One or more. Extra points the more you use.

The song: Any song, Any genre.

The CRUX: These additions to your song will be 1)Scat Singing, 2)Humming, 3)Whistling, and/or 4)Yodeling. One or more. Extra points the more you use.

If you have another technique similar to those suggested, well bring it! Creativity points!

Theme 1 Addendum: Ukulele spice. When adding intro, turn around, instrumental and/or ending use a different ukulele technique than you use in the meat of your song. i.e. If you're strumming during your song finger pick the intro or other addition to your song or vice versa. If you strum only make the addition to your song a noticeably different strum. You get the idea. Change it up noticeably with your ukulele playing skills.

Theme 2: (if Ham and Cheese is not your cup of tea):
Friends, Loved Ones, Emotional Support. (real loose theme. If you wanna dish it out, dish it out)

Usual start and stop times. (The beginning of your video and the end of your video) DUH! (You know it's 7 Aug to 14 Aug Hawaiian time)

Unlimited entries.
Ukulele front and center. Spice right behind. Left behind is your choice.
Mutli tracking, Mono tracking. Cougar tracking. All's good.
If you'd like to collaborate with someone spicy I think that would be a good recipe.
New videos for this season please.
State or indicate that you video is for the 234th season of the ukulele

Ham and Cheese or Friends etc.... Playlist:https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLapnoHKsg9RThsfDdj2wgQrPvXGcwLyvQ

Thank you.

Last edited:
Hmm... :rolleyes: If I could play "Hocus Pocus" by Focus, that already includes scat singing, whistling, and yodeling!

Bow before the psychic power of Harry!

This is gonna be a fun Season, both parts!

I don't particularly love ham. Can I substitute it for turkey?

This will be fun to see what people come up with :)

Well, don't have anything popping into my head, but my very first Seasons entry featured a scat singing introduction. Can I repost just for fun?

Well, don't have anything popping into my head, but my very first Seasons entry featured a scat singing introduction. Can I repost just for fun?

Well I'd prefer new songs for this season. I guess I'll add that to my intro post. Thanks I missed that detail.

Hmm... :rolleyes: If I could play "Hocus Pocus" by Focus, that already includes scat singing, whistling, and yodeling!

I spent all this week trying to do House of the King and strenuously avoiding the temptation to do Hocus Pocus and here it damned well is rearing it's beckoning finger like those cartoon aroma trails..Damn ...damn damn.............NO NO leave itttttttt !!!!!!

I spent all this week trying to do House of the King and strenuously avoiding the temptation to do Hocus Pocus and here it damned well is rearing it's beckoning finger like those cartoon aroma trails..Damn ...damn damn.............NO NO leave itttttttt !!!!!!

Do it, CeeJay! I know I could do the part where he scat sings like Popeye, but you're a lot better at soloing than I am.

: peer pressure:

Do it, CeeJay! I know I could do the part where he scat sings like Popeye, but you're a lot better at soloing than I am.

: peer pressure:

NOT LISTENING FINGERS IN EARS NYAH NANA NAAH NYA NANA NAAH....oh buggrit...Ultimate Geetar Tab and a You Tube visual and audio feast ....where's me stubby cooler !!!

I'd have the perfect song. Extensive whistled section... but I can't whistle... I don't mean that I can't whistle a tune, I mean I can't produce a sound at all. My lips just aren't built the right way. This is going to be a challenge!

I'd have the perfect song. Extensive whistled section... but I can't whistle... I don't mean that I can't whistle a tune, I mean I can't produce a sound at all. My lips just aren't built the right way. This is going to be a challenge!

I understand. Post radiation has made whistling very difficult, sometime impossible for me. You could hum,scat, or yodel the part. You could collaborate with someone and get them to whistle for you.

I understand. Post radiation has made whistling very difficult, sometime impossible for me. You could hum,scat, or yodel the part. You could collaborate with someone and get them to whistle for you.

I'll give serious consideration to all of those options :)

Top Bottom