THE ROMEROS, PEPE ROMERO, & DANIEL HO In Concert SEPT 16, 2016 (Los Angeles)

facemeltingukulele

Reaction score
Aloha fellow UUers!

I'm super excited to announce a one-of-a-kind concert featuring the "Royal Family" of Classical Guitar and GRAMMY-winner Daniel Ho on ‘ukulele.

Fresh on the heels of their collaborative album Aloha España, which features classical guitar and ukulele duets of classic repertoire, Pepe Romero and Daniel Ho will perform together for the first time in concert.

U-Space and Romero Creations will have some awesome deals on instruments at the concert (and in store) as well as some limited prototype wood combinations (Spruce/Koa grand tenor only 8 made).

For a special discount on tickets for the Sept. 16th show in Los Angeles use promo-code "Uspace" ---> *TICKETS* CLICK HERE

PREVIEW: Aloha España Album *CLICK HERE*

Mahalos! - FMU

FROM TRADITIONAL TO CONTEMPORARY IN CLASSICAL GUITAR & UKULELE:
THE ROMEROS, PEPE ROMERO, AND DANIEL HO
FRIDAY, September 16, 2016. 8PM
244 S. San Pedro St. Los Angeles, CA 90012

Los Angeles, California – The Japanese American Cultural and Community Center proudly announces the Aratani Theatre debut of classical repertoire presented for the first time in an unprecedented evening of performances, featuring world-renowned classical guitarists, The Romeros, and a new collaboration from celebrated masters, Pepe Romero on classical guitar and six-time GRAMMY® winner Daniel Ho on 'ukulele.

Pepe Romero is a true living legend in the world of classical music. He has been honored by kings, heads of state and major institutions, and has conveyed the richness and beauty of the classical guitar to millions of people throughout the world. Pepe Romero and his lineage, the Romero Guitar Quartet, are known around the world as “the Royal Family of Classical Guitar,” and as a renowned ensemble, have been integral in bringing guitar into the limelight of classical music.

GRAMMY award-winning producer and artist, Daniel Ho, is an accomplished multi-instrumentalist and composer, whose solo 'ukulele instrumental album, Polani, became the first 'ukulele album in music history to receive a GRAMMY nomination. Pepe Romero, in collaboration with Daniel Ho, on their new project, Aloha España—a collection of classical guitar and 'ukulele duets and solos—bring the 'ukulele into the world of classical appreciation with exquisite technique and musicality, and bring the instruments of master luthier, Pepe Romero, Jr. to life.

Fans of both traditional and contemporary expressions of classical repertoire will be delighted by the range of music and mastery presented on classical guitar and 'ukulele together for the first time in this special evening concert.

$45 ORCHESTRA / $32 BALCONY
$41 ORCHESTRA / $28 BALCONY w/ discount code “Uspace”
DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE FOR GROUPS OF 10+.

*TICKETS* CLICK HERE

RomeroPostFrontRGB.jpg

Last edited:
I went to last show U-Space put on with Jason Arimoto, Daniel Ho, Pepe Romero Jr. and others, it was so good. Give yourself a treat and see this show.

Awesome video content from Hawaii Music Supply!

Awesome *VIDEO* from Hawaii Music Supply about Pepe Sr, Jr and Daniel and the instruments they play :D. See the Romeros, Pepe Sr. and Daniel live in concert on Sept. 16th. Mahalos!
-FMU

Super! Purchased my ticket and look forward to a great concert and maybe seeing a few UU'ers there!

Downloaded the album from iTunes! Thanks for the heads up!

Wow. What a combo. One of my favorite Ukes is the Romero Jr. Koa Tiny Tenor. Whoever's going, enjoy and give a review.

Pepe and Daniel Romance on 2 guitars (ukulele) sneak peek video

Wow. What a combo. One of my favorite Ukes is the Romero Jr. Koa Tiny Tenor. Whoever's going, enjoy and give a review.

Awesome rappsy! Daniel has been performing with a stock Koa Tiny Tenor, which he co-designed with Pepe Jr :D. The exact model Daniel plays is available in-store, and Pepe Jr will be bringing some hand-picked models for the concert merch booth.

Found this *sneak peek* of the concert. Daniel will be playing the 2nd part on ‘ukulele at the concert as he did on the Aloha España album. The album plays daily in U-Space, and people have no idea that it is an ‘ukulele playing the duet with Pepe Sr. Their touch and tone mesh so seamlessly that it is hard to tell that there are two instruments playing :D.

The show was fantastic. First part was Pepe, Sr. with Daniel accompanying on ukulele playing pieces from Aloha Espana, which was two years in the making. I thought the ukulele was undermic'd a wee bit, but it was still great. And it was amazing to see Daniel, a guy with multiple grammy nominations, and over 100 albums released (yes, that's right) be absolutely giddy with excitement and nervous to be playing with his childhood hero.

After the intermission, Los Romeros, the family classical guitar quartet (now three generations of players have participated) consisting of Pepe, Sr., his brother Celin and son Celino, and nephew Lito (son of Angel, who has retired from the quartet but played a song with them), played. They were mesmerizing. Really incredible stuff. I will be buying some of their music.

And to top it all off, every instrument played this evening was handcrafted by Pepe, Jr. In fact, Daniel was playing a Pepe Romero Tiny Tenor, not the production Romero Creations one (btw, a great buy, IMHO). HMS has a cedar/koa Pepe Romero Tiny Tenor just posted for sale. These are handcrafted entirely by Pepe himself.

Last edited:
Top Bottom