Kala KA-ZCT-T Ziricote Tenor REVIEW

bazmaz

Reaction score
I see this instrument every time I attend the local Ukulele Jam which is held at a local music store. Every time I see it, I want it, just because it is so beautiful! It makes me wonder what a solid Zizicote instrument might sound like.

Side note: the store is Groth Music in Bloomington, Minnesota, and a Jam is held every 2nd & 4th Friday, 11-1. All welcome, and I have seen kids from middle school to their 80s in the group. Sadly, I head back to school and cannot attend the mid-mornings for a while again.

Incidentally, the leader of the jam shared your book (The Complete What Ukulele Players Really Want to Know). I hope you see an uptick in sales!

Thanks for the review and everything else you do, Barry! One of the things I like about the reviews is that you always play the same progressions and picked excerpts. This allows different instruments to be compared. Keep up the great work!

Wow - very kind words - thank you!

I've read about solid Zircote - very nice sounding apparently - but also a very expensive wood!

Great review and stunning uke. Ziricote is on my wish list for its layered, 3-D quality, but since I can't afford a solid custom, I might have to get one of these someday. Love that sparkling tone as you described it. Super pretty! Thanks for the review.

Thanks for the Review. Very well done as are all your reviews. I like the straight goods when I read stuff like this. I recently played on and agree with all your comments. Very good and NICE looking laminate for the MONEY!

Top Bottom