New Hoffmann Baritone Build Start

BEAUTIFUL! Just wait until you hear her voice...you'll be gobstruck. Welcome to the Hoffman/Boat Paddle family.

Congratulations, I'm sure you're gonna love it! Same wood combination as on my wife's ML Concert (except hers has Koa binding, yours is Maple, I assume).

BEAUTIFUL! Just wait until you hear her voice...you'll be gobstruck. Welcome to the Hoffman/Boat Paddle family.

Actually Hollis has been a part of the family for awhile now with his BP ML tenor. I will say he was a big part in getting me over to the Hoffmann side :)

So much so that I'm finalizing my own ML baritone! Staying wth ebony back and sides but going with a cedar top. Curly Koa bound and trim, and getting a little bling with my initials as inlay into the fretboard.

And beautiful uke Hollis! Can't wait to hear that sound sample :)

Last edited:
Its arrived! Safe and sound and beautiful in every aspect. I'm even happy to say the the 20.25 scale length has posed no stretching problems for me to form those long stretch chord patterns.

One thing I will note in this short comment is how very playable it is. Even more so than my ML Tenor, which, has great playability itself. I will get a sound sample or video together in the near future.

Last edited:
Excellent to hear Hollis! Can't wait to hear it.

Glad to hear the 20" scale is good. As you know I'm going with a 19" as a change of pace with my other Bari. Good o hear about the playability too! I'm finding the larger sizes to actually be easier to hold and play as of recent.

What a beautiful uke, hollis! I know you've been waiting for this for a long time. It's really gorgeous. :)

Top Bottom