Music Opinions

I just play when I feel like it - not every day or anything like that. :)

In fact, I think I've only played a couple of tunes on my harmonicas since last having a blow on my whistles - it's just another hobby for me.

My computers have taken over most of my time lately.

I try to play something every day. But sometimes I waste too much time fooling with the computer. :eek:ld:

Last edited:
I play my ukulele every day, with few exceptions. It has become my therapy I think. My ukulele playing is very informal and unstructured. Around three or four in the afternoon I mix myself a drink, a rum and Coke or a screwdriver, and I sit down with my ukulele to relax. Often times, weather permitting, I get out of the house and go somewhere to play. On those days I just play from memory whatever comes to me. I sing. I like to sing songs, that is why I started playing the ukulele. I practice techniques that I've been working on, or sometimes I just noodle. On the days that I don't go out, I usually work on something, like a new song or a new technique. But it is an everyday thing for me. It can be anywhere from a half hour to a couple of hours, it just depends on how I'm feeling. But it has become such a habit that I feel lost and get grumpy if I don't play. If I am out of sorts, my wife tells me to take my ukulele somewhere and play it until I am in a better mood. That is how much it has affected me.

I play my ukulele every day, with few exceptions. It has become my therapy I think. My ukulele playing is very informal and unstructured. Around three or four in the afternoon I mix myself a drink, a rum and Coke or a screwdriver, and I sit down with my ukulele to relax. Often times, weather permitting, I get out of the house and go somewhere to play. On those days I just play from memory whatever comes to me. I sing. I like to sing songs, that is why I started playing the ukulele. I practice techniques that I've been working on, or sometimes I just noodle. On the days that I don't go out, I usually work on something, like a new song or a new technique. But it is an everyday thing for me. It can be anywhere from a half hour to a couple of hours, it just depends on how I'm feeling. But it has become such a habit that I feel lost and get grumpy if I don't play. If I am out of sorts, my wife tells me to take my ukulele somewhere and play it until I am in a better mood. That is how much it has affected me.

Yeah, I play most days too, but I play inside with perhaps a bit more structure. I really like to noodle too though, especially with my new tenor guitar. I start out playing scales and arpeggios and wind up wandering through tunes as they pop into my head.

Playing tunes from memory is sorta like remembering “the good ol’ days”. An old man’s pastime I guess. :eek:ld:

I like rhythm a lot. I like to hear a ukulele tune with lotsa different strums and not just plunka, plunka, plunka. I think ukers should study rhythm accompaniment and struming “tricks” along with learning chords.

I have a ukulele strumming “how to” book, but it’s mostly just plunkin’ different chords. :eek:ld:

Last edited:
Top Bottom