When it's cold and rainy at your weekly Uke group, bring your dog.

hollisdwyer

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I usually hate photos of me but a fellow Uker from our weekly Saturday set at the farmers market took this today. Harry, played his part by keeping my lap warm.
Hollis ML and Harry.jpg

Last edited:
Man, he is a good dog. Mine would want to lick everyone. Oh yeah, nice looking Boat Paddle too!

Yay for that lovely uke, that sweet pup, and for you! And smoked sausage just seals the deal! My dog would howl at a performance - he thinks everything is about him!

How sweet! Harry loves his music!

Very random - that's a nice strap! What is it? Lol.

What a sweet picture, Hollis. Your pup has a very nice life. :) I think dogs love hearing music... whenever anyone in my family starts playing an instrument, the dogs lie down nearby and zone out.

Very random - that's a nice strap! What is it? Lol.

I had a few of these straps made up for me by Italis Straps in the USA (http://www.italiastraps.com/ ) They regularly run 2 for 1 sales. Very, very soft leather in a variety of colours. I used to have them on my guitars but wider. What I did was to have them lengthen the thinner component of their existing design.

Last edited:
What a sweet picture, Hollis. Your pup has a very nice life. :) I think dogs love hearing music... whenever anyone in my family starts playing an instrument, the dogs lie down nearby and zone out.

Thanks Natlie, our four kids think we think of Harry as our fifth child. I think they're right.

Nice lap dog. Is he a Laporador retriever?

I begged Tammy to bring her poodle to our ensemble practice, twice (she feels guilty leaving him home) so she did, and both times he peed all over the hosts' patio, so I don't think he's coming with us again.
I had a Shetland Sheepdog named Ginger many many years ago, lost her in a divorce. I've been a cat person ever since.

Ah, there's a face behind all those posts emanating from Down Under.

When I play, the dogs put their paws over their ears, not under their chin. :drool:

Great pic Hollis. What is the Uke you are playing? Is that a tuner at the top?

Ah, there's a face behind all those posts emanating from Down Under.

When I play, the dogs put their paws over their ears, not under their chin. :drool:

Great pic Hollis. What is the Uke you are playing? Is that a tuner at the top?
Lenny,
That's my Boat Paddle ML Tenor with one of the newish TC Electronic polytune tuners (which I tend to favour over my Peterson).

Top Bottom