Season 236 "Juanita Banana"

You are such a fabulous seasonista Linda.
That bear song is just such a treat and you went to such trouble to do it.
Just wonderful!!!
The song is BRILL too with really beaut arrangement and performance.
Huge applause and whoo hoos from me!!!
Your dog wasn't sure what was going on though.
GREAT stuff Linda!

Tried to PM this but you box is full.

All clear now. I forgot to clear the sent folder :/

Thank you so much for that. The things we do for the host ;-)

Daisy has followed me around for days looking at me like Ive lost my mind. I would look at her and just crack up. Oh the confusion!

Linda! I see you cured your boredom, lol. I THINK I LOVE YOU! It means a lot to me that you would spend that kind of time to make such a wonderful video. Wonderful music with a tap dancing bear. Looked so cool! It should be turned into a puppet for good when it retires from the mantle :) OMG, you just don't know how much I needed this. Thank you, thank you. When I make my videos I often think about how future generations of my family will remember the quirky old family member with a passion for puppets, parodies and playing uke.

The things we do for our host!!! ;-)

And, Thank you! I needed that!

You have an electronic bear AND a Pool Table? I'll be your dog !!

...oh Pooh, I see you already got one ...

Traded the pool table in for the electronic bear :) I shoulda got a good shot of him in action. He really is clever but he scared my little grandkids, so I did what most do with an unwanted bear. Hung him on the mantle.

Yes. The vibrato he uses hurts my ears.

I tried to listen to some of his stuff too and I have the same problem. I suggest you look at his song list and listen to the original versions. As Rob pointed out he kept a lot of music alive. There is just so much he did. I found country, folk, rock, tin pan, pop, etc. He left no stone unturned.

I too came across one of the HS interviews and didn't make it past the first five minutes. I was hoping to get to know TT better. I can't stand Stern! I felt sorry for TT for being exploited. However, he was humble and thanked everyone and was super polite and soft spoken. Because it was Stern I knew what was coming and wouldn't watch anymore.

All it takes is listening to one song to understand that he was very different!

I think this week is a very important life lesson. You don't have to like everyone. However, it is only right that we try and treat people with kindness and try and find the good in them.

Last edited:
Linda - your devotion to the cause deserves a medal. 2 days? I thought I was overdoing it by spending 10 minutes in my daughter's bedroom looking for the finger puppets I bought her ten years ago. Turns out I had a perfectly good glove puppet in a cupboard about three feet from my ukes. Now I just have to teach the damn thing to strum.:)

Thank you Steve.

You and your puppet are a great duo team :)

Flat Eric and I got together to jam this Classic Pink Floyd song ...which Tiny Tim also covered......yes read that again....Tiny Tim ,Pink Floyd in the same sentence the same breath the same song.

Perhaps he deserves more of a break, I don't know anything about him other than " Tiptoe Through The Tulips" which was a big hit in the UK for him, but other than that song : "shrug". However looking at the long (427 !!) list of his covers and doubtless some originals he was prolific over the pond.

What Tiny Tim was doing singing the Austraian National Anthem I don't know but if you can't find something that he covered that you like I don't think you are trying. Beatles, Pink Floyd, AC/DC, etc, etc, etc.
And as has been shown the puppet thing needn't be that hard either.

No puppets. Yet ....

But strangeness. We saw Brave Combo at Merlefest. I got an autographed CD from the band. I am happy. They play this live. It's awesome.

Last edited:
You won't believe what a great gift bag I found!

Boy, you can sure tell Im a grandma :)

BTW, This is the Bing Crosby version of the song. He sang this with the Paul Whitman Orchestra in 1930.

But, but...he doesn't use the vibrato all the time. He sings quite nice and it's about time I go look for one I like in his normal voice. I'm learning here too in this Season. I don't know a whole lot about this man either.

But, but...he doesn't use the vibrato all the time. He sings quite nice and it's about time I go look for one I like in his normal voice. I'm learning here too in this Season. I don't know a whole lot about this man either.

You get a little bit of both voices here - Earth Angel

Nice everyone 🎸 I'll comment further in the morning (late). School starts tomorrow and I have 2 Dr. appts. Video's are on the playlists and comments on YT but will put some comments on the thread too. Friday thru Sunday will be difficult as I am suddenly going to be going to the NJ Fest...yey! But I'll survive all the uke playing here and there I suppose. Might make me just a wee bit more crazy though!!

Janet, you're a Super-Seasonista and I will find a song and a few minutes to video it! Wish I hadn't got rid of all the puppets in the house though.....

Edited - I find that Tiny Tim did over 400 songs -

http://www.famousfix.com/topic/tiny-tim/songs

Last edited:

Well, not having a puppet to my name, I decided to become one myself. (A most rebellious puppet, who has a love/hate relationship with the puppeteer - no, make that just "hate"!) So, Janet, here we have Tiny Tim, channelling Shirley Temple as portrayed by an ersatz LimousinLil ... to be avoided like the plague, I think!

My YouTube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqZKxzOmx62wsxmdC47Ng-Q

Last edited:
...No other person ever did a fraction of the harm to the ukulele's reputation that Tiny Time did.

...I tried to listen to some of his stuff too and I have the same problem. I suggest you look at his song list and listen to the original versions. As Rob pointed out he kept a lot of music alive. There is just so much he did. I found country, folk, rock, tin pan, pop, etc. He left no stone unturned.
All it takes is listening to one song to understand that he was very different!
I think this week is a very important life lesson. You don't have to like everyone. However, it is only right that we try and treat people with kindness and try and find the good in them.
Uke4ia is quite right. Tiny Tim took the ukulele and made it a joke. My generation saw Tiny Tim playing the uke and singing in that awful voice of his and laughed. Few people wanted to play an instrument that was associated so closely with a kook and had such a ridiculous reputation. It took an entire generation (in this country anyway, with the exception of Hawaii where the ukulele has always been an accepted instrument) before people started playing and enjoying ukulele again.
That being said, I think it was totally unintentional on Tiny Tim's part that he singlehandedly made a laughingstock of the ukulele. It was simply him doing his act. I could never listen to him for long either- I hate his falsetto. But I love so many of the songs he chose to cover. My problem this week will be picking which song to sing.
And Linda is certainly right - everyone deserves to be treated with kindness and respect. Tiny Tim may have made the ukulele a joke but he is certainly a part of ukulele history. This season we can all have fun learning and playing the songs he sang on his uke.

Uke4ia is quite right. Tiny Tim took the ukulele and made it a joke. My generation saw Tiny Tim playing the uke and singing in that awful voice of his and laughed. Few people wanted to play an instrument that was associated so closely with a kook and had such a ridiculous reputation. It took an entire generation (in this country anyway, with the exception of Hawaii where the ukulele has always been an accepted instrument) before people started playing and enjoying ukulele again.
That being said, I think it was totally unintentional on Tiny Tim's part that he singlehandedly made a laughingstock of the ukulele. It was simply him doing his act. I could never listen to him for long either- I hate his falsetto. But I love so many of the songs he chose to cover. My problem this week will be picking which song to sing.
And Linda is certainly right - everyone deserves to be treated with kindness and respect. Tiny Tim may have made the ukulele a joke but he is certainly a part of ukulele history. This season we can all have fun learning and playing the songs he sang on his uke.

Hi Myrna! Tiny Tim DIDN'T always sing in falsetto ... he actually had a really good voice. (It is, perhaps, unfortunate that that, more than anything else, is what he will be remembered for.)

one of my favourites.

Well, at least that ISN'T falsetto! (Are you being COMPLETELY serious here, Jon????) Oh, and I've just seen you've posted it twice - you MUST be serious! And I've just seen that you posted "Sweet and Lovely" even earlier (definitely vibrato!). Well, you obviously have strong feelings about him one way or another ... is this irony coming into play?

Last edited:
Top Bottom