FS: Rick Tuner Compass Rose Burl Walnut Tenor

stevejfc

Reaction score
***SOLD***For sale is a very nice Rick Tuner Compass Rose Curly Burl Walnut Tenor, with a born on date of June 2010. This uke is a players' player, with a very classical ring and a mahogany neck reminiscent in guitar-neck shape and feel, but appropriately sized. It has the Compass Rose cantilevered rosewood fretboard, rosewood bridge and bone nut and saddle. Two snakewood strap buttons have been professionally installed. Black and gold compass rose soundhole rosette and black and gold fleur-de-lis over walnut head stock with geared tuners. The tone is very classical guitar like, especially with the newly strung combination of Oasis Warm wound low g coupled with Worth CT Clears 1 - 3. Overall condition I would rate as a 9.5 out of 10, only due to a slight bulge (not visable to the camera) on the soundboard just below the bridge. This has been there for the last 4 or 5 years and has not changed in that time. The bridge is firmly secure. The ukulele includes an O'ahu premium arch-top hard case. I am selling only due to my decision to concentrate entirely on concert size. ***SOLD*** shipped CONUS if paid by PayPal gift. You pay for shipping if paid by regular PayPal.

Attachments

• DSCN0714.jpg
    DSCN0714.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 624
  • DSCN0716.jpg
    DSCN0716.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 378
  • DSCN0726.jpg
    DSCN0726.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 370
  • DSCN0725.jpg
    DSCN0725.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 359
  • DSCN0731.jpg
    DSCN0731.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:
You have some fine Ukes. Can I get a two for one deal? Lol

Me thinks you've done ok Simon..............I've just given up trying to keep up with Hodge:cool:

Last edited:
Wow, that is one beautiful uke. Too bad my CFO would crush my skull with her bare hands if I even mentioned I'd like to get this.

That is a great price and beautiful ukulele. Any sound samples? 12 fret neck joint and Matt finish? Correct?

Thanks Capt. and M3. It is indeed a beautiful uke. Yes 12 fret to the body and then the cantilevered portion begins. The finish is matte with just a bit more glow than most. My H2n took a tumble and is officially dead. I might try the phone for an alternate audio sample, but that has been sonically pitiful in the past.

Wow. Great deal on a CR Steve! I think CRs from that vintage (pre 2012) are some the best sounding CRs made (I've got one of those).

Very pretty, surprised it is still here thought it would go like the Kinnard recently listed at the price you have it listed. I paid nearly twice your asking price for a 2nd hand CR a couple years ago.

Such a great deal I can't believe this is still available.

you know that you've owned too many ukes when you can't figure out whether the uke that you're eying and is a great deal is one that you previously owned. I don't think it is, but if it is that is one heck of an instrument. Somebody ought to get on this right away, my friends

Was the bridge re-set and re-glued?
No William, there is nothing wrong, or has there been, with the bridge. I only mentioned that the bridge is firmly secure because of the slight outward bulge on the soundboard below the bridge. I didn't want anyone thinking there was a bridge issue. There isn't. The soundboard bulge has been there for several years and has remained unchanged. It is just there, and I want to be upfront about it. It is a really good uke from a top-notch builder at a very good price. Thanks for pointing out that clarification was needed.

you know that you've owned too many ukes when you can't figure out whether the uke that you're eying and is a great deal is one that you previously owned. I don't think it is, but if it is that is one heck of an instrument. Somebody ought to get on this right away, my friends
Ha, ha! Thanks Steve...............No this wasn't one of yours, though others may have been. Anyway, thanks for the kind endorsement.

Last edited:
Thanks Steve,
I wish that I wasn't in the selling mode myself. I've been tempted with this one since the first day I saw the listing...but I have a Dentist's bill that's currently holding me hostage.:D

Wm.

Last edited:
I have recently bought a Uke from Steve and the experience was excellent.

The Uke arrived well packed and in fabulous shape, as advertised.

Buy this great Uke with confidence.

Great price! If I didn't already have a walnut CR, I would be all over this. I love mine, by far my favorite uke.

Top Bottom