UK heat blanket and controller source

miche

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I really want to try and make a side bending jig and I wondered if anyone had any UK sources. So far I have seen lmii but the shipping to the UK would be to much. I have seen blankets from China in eBay but am weary of how safe they would be. And they do not have the controllers.

Thanks in advance.

Michelle

Hi everyone
I really want to try and make a side bending jig and I wondered if anyone had any UK sources. So far I have seen lmii but the shipping to the UK would be to much. I have seen blankets from China in eBay but am weary of how safe they would be. And they do not have the controllers.

Thanks in advance.

Michelle
This is all you need for the controller http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4000W-220...ic-Motor-Speed-Controller-TE474-/131818621739 and a Meat thermometer from tesco :)

Last edited:
The Keenovo heating blankets found on eBay are superb. Well made, to your specifications. take a little time to arrive, but worth it!

Thanks, Kev, I was about to ask that very question after reading this thread got me interested in buying a heating blanket! I have already ordered the 120v version of the controller and was checking out the blankets on e bay. I would either have to build a new bending form or else special order a blanket as my bending form is only 5 1/2" wide and only needs a 24" blanket. Nearly all that I saw were 6" x 36". I wish their delivery time was quicker, though, I could use one pretty soon!

Bob

I could use one pretty soon!

I buy mine from HiHeat Industries. HiHeat.com they have what they call catalog heaters. Their stock standard sizes. They have a 5x20 and a 5x25 if that would work for you.? Good quality. The blankets have bare leads so some soldering required. Great prices.

Mostly industry to industry operation, but you can call them and buy one on the phone. They take your CC info and pop one in a box and UPS it.

If you send a message to Keenovo, with the size you require, the power you want, which electrical supply and any controller etc... they send you a quote within 24hrs. (usually quicker!) If I recall, they set up an individual eBay page for you to purchase it. Exceptional service.

I had a custom size with digital controller (UK spec) made for me. I will be ordering another (different size) shortly. very impressed with the service.

Thanks, Kev, I was about to ask that very question after reading this thread got me interested in buying a heating blanket! I have already ordered the 120v version of the controller and was checking out the blankets on e bay. I would either have to build a new bending form or else special order a blanket as my bending form is only 5 1/2" wide and only needs a 24" blanket. Nearly all that I saw were 6" x 36". I wish their delivery time was quicker, though, I could use one pretty soon!

Bob

Hi any chance I could sea picture of the controller. Also do you have an interchangeable fox bender or do you have to make a new one for each size instrument. Thanks again.

I use a router controller and a meat thermometer like Ken. Easy and cheap.

My controller hasn't arrived yet, but it is similar to the one shown in Timbuck's link above. A different form has to be made for each size instrument.

Bob

Top Bottom