RARE Vintage J.R. Stewart Co. LE DOMINO Ukulele

Farp

Reaction score
Before I place this Le Domino ukulele on the Bay, I thought it might be well to offer this hard to find Le Domino ukulele made by the J.R. Stewart Company in Chicago, Illinois to fellow UU members. The ukulele is made of wood with a black body, head and fretboard. Domino decals are on the font of the body, around the sound hole and on the frets, where they are more worn. Head is marked with the J.R. Stewart logo and "Le Domino." Tuning pegs have been replaced. It is c. 1925-1928.

This is a 4 string ukulele in the rarer size: 22 inches long with a 14 inch scale. There are two cracks on the back of approximately 7 ½ and 3 inches; and on the front are cracks of 3 inches, 3 inches and 1 ¼ inch, plus a couple of hairlines. The cracks all run with the grain and appear to be very repairable, should someone want to make it a restoration project. The neck is straight; and it must have been a good player, judging by the wear marks on the fret board. Le Domino ukuleles with the domino markings are very difficult to find in any condition.

There is one currently on the Bay listed at $175. Mine appears to be in much better condition, as the cracks are not as prominent. Other JR Stewart Domino ukuleles sold on the bay were over $200--mine will not be that high. I am looking for offers. Send me a PM and I’ll give you my phone # so we can talk. I have 1051 feedbacks on the Bay with 100% positives.

I purchased the ukulele from an estate in rural Minnesota. This neat and rare ukulele would make a great addition to any musical instrument collection!
20160905_111549.jpg

Last edited:
Last call. I'll be listing it this weekend if there is no interest here.
Thank you.

Just FYI

Mr Farp - last weekend and yesterday when you posted this was 'Labor Day' holiday here in the USA and MANY folks go on vacation and might not have seen your listing in the Marketplace, so to consider no interest in only 24 hrs since posting this thread may really be jumping the shark. Also today was typically the first day kids start school again, and parents will be busy and might not be browsing 'For Sale' listings since today is a HUGE thing for everyone involved...

ALSO it gives little time for folks to do their own research, for *I* have never heard of this brand (but I never heard of SO MANY brands), so would have no idea if this is a good value or a desirable uke to have, and while your description might be the pinnacle of truth, I would have no way to verify anything without applying my own due diligence....

So, might I caution you on hastily abandoning hope here in the Marketplace?

just breathe brother, breathe...:)

just fyi

mr farp - last weekend and yesterday when you posted this was 'labor day' holiday here in the usa and many folks go on vacation and might not have seen your listing in the marketplace, so to consider no interest in only 24 hrs since posting this thread may really be jumping the shark. Also today was typically the first day kids start school again, and parents will be busy and might not be browsing 'for sale' listings since today is a huge thing for everyone involved...

Also it gives little time for folks to do their own research, for *i* have never heard of this brand (but i never heard of so many brands), so would have no idea if this is a good value or a desirable uke to have, and while your description might be the pinnacle of truth, i would have no way to verify anything without applying my own due diligence....

So, might i caution you on hastily abandoning hope here in the marketplace?

Just breathe brother, breathe...:)
aum,......om,....om

Thanks, Booli. Please note I haven't set any price and am willing to entertain offers. I bought it right and intend to sell it at a reasonable price as well.

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and gosh darn it, people really like me.

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and gosh darn it, people really like me.

Yep, former-comedian-turned-poitician Al Franken is loved by most everybody, especially his memorable characters from SNL. :)

Top Bottom