Kickstarter - Flamenco music for ukulele and guitar

I like the different styles in the clips - alegrias, milonga, soleares.

Interesting paragraph in the link about his $50 profit from a previous CD venture.

This is only my opinion, so please take it in that context. I feel that you invest your own money, or the money of investors that take a risk along with a possible return. If you are really down on your luck, you deserve help. If you are looking for a handout to fund your project, then offer a fair return on the investment.

I bike in charity rides and contribute to causes for the needy, but this concept rubs me the wrong way. The owners of the site are motovated to promote your project and coach you because they take a portion off the top. There is also the chance that the project only exists to gain your contribution.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:
If you are looking for a handout to fund your project, then offer a fair return on the investment.

Just my opinion.

I think they are offering a fair return on the investment.
$8 for a digital copy of the CD
$ 25 Limited Ed. signed CD
et al.

I didn't buy one but they have reached their goal of 1500.

By return on the investment I meant a percentage of the profits, not a discount on the product that the project produced. I know that the music industry is unfair to many artists, but if an artist wants to produce an album for profit, then I feel that it is not the public's responsibility. If it is a project that should be done specifically for the purpose of promoting the art, I think that is more worth while.

My comments were more general than specific. There are many scammers out there and you can easily be conned. These sites offer no accountability.

As I have said, this is only my opinion. Peace

Last edited:
Top Bottom