Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A little c Song

Default A little c Song

Key of C is too common and too easy so it must be C minor.
    Song title does NOT have to start with C - so any song you like as long as it is performed in Cm.
    Song still has to be less than 3 minutes long please.
    Probably some little pewter trinket as a prize.
    Challenge ends in 2 weeks.

A little c playlist
    Last edited by pabrizzer; 09-13-2016 at 07:49 PM.

Aw! & I was waiting for C or G........

(Not really. )
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

Serves me right for preparing a song in advance. My "begins with C, in the key of C" song will go back on the shelf...
    www.365ukesongs.co.uk - 365 songs in 365 days, raising funds for SolarAid

Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander....Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor" ....Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box...all with Worth strings...and a few chords

Quote Originally Posted by YorkSteve View Post
    Serves me right for preparing a song in advance. My "begins with C, in the key of C" song will go back on the shelf...
    Sorry Steve, but my aim with the little challenges here is to maybe try and get us out of our comfort zone a little and maybe sing and play some different stuff in different keys. It is something I kind of thought my old brain needed. Sure hope you still bring something along.

Quote Originally Posted by pabrizzer View Post
    Sorry Steve, but my aim with the little challenges here is to maybe try and get us out of our comfort zone a little and maybe sing and play some different stuff in different keys. It is something I kind of thought my old brain needed. Sure hope you still bring something along.
    Fear not - a Cm song has been located...
    www.365ukesongs.co.uk - 365 songs in 365 days, raising funds for SolarAid

Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander....Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor" ....Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box...all with Worth strings...and a few chords

I found a Cm song, and the title happens to begin with 'C' too.. Result! Just need to practice and record it now.

p.s. the original was six and a half minutes long, so I'll just have to play it really fast!
    Last edited by jimavery; 09-12-2016 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YorkSteve View Post
    Fear not - a Cm song has been located...
    Look forward to 'C'ing it Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by jimavery View Post
    I found a Cm song, and the title happens to begin with 'C' too.. Result! Just need to practice and record it now.

p.s. the original was six and a half minutes long, so I'll just have to play it really fast!
    Wow! Six and half minutes? Sure hope it can be culled a little. I look forward to what we C.

Default Could It Be Magic, in C minor

This one also isn't as magic as I'd like yet, but it's easier to find the time this week than next so here it is, warts and all (but without the intro, outro, bridge section and endlessly-repeated chorus!).

The chords are from http://www.tontonremy.com/ukulele/pa...1/page661.html

The Wreck of the Old 97 was an American rail disaster involving the Southern Railway mail train officially known as the Fast Mail on September 27, 1903 while en route from Monroe, Virginia, to Spencer, North Carolina. Due to excessive speed in an attempt to maintain schedule, the train derailed at the Stillhouse Trestle near Danville, Virginia where the train careened off the side of the bridge, killing eleven on board personnel and injuring seven others.

"Inspire me muse to sing of the wanderer, who sailed the wine dark sea and toppled the towers of Ilium"
    "Make a Joyous Noise"
    "Let there be song to fill the air"

Uncle Tommy's Holiday Camp

Quote Originally Posted by jimavery View Post
    This one also isn't as magic as I'd like yet, but it's easier to find the time this week than next so here it is, warts and all (but without the intro, outro, bridge section and endlessly-repeated chorus!).
    The chords are from http://www.tontonremy.com/ukulele/pa...1/page661.html
    I reckon this one is in G (or maybe C maj) but despite starting this thread I am never completely sure about these things (unless I see the sheet music with the key signature).
    It is real well done and I believe it is the first Barry Manilow I've heard here on UU so it is much appreciated and stays in the mix.
    Brian (ukefoote) seems pretty tight on music theory so maybe he can add some import.

Thread Information