Song Help Request Tabs for "The Parting Glass"?

teryg

Reaction score
I'm finding chords, but I'd like something for solo playing. Not sure I'm good enough yet to try to sort that out myself.

It's also arranged for chord-melody in Susan Howell's Ukulele Chord Melody: 40+ Arrangements in Standard Notation and Tablature.

Teryg, as kypfer mentioned, I have a fairly easy arrangement you can try. I need to record a demo of that tune, its a lovely song. I was just playing it on guitar today - Glenn Weiser's fingerstyle arrangement. The lyrics are very bittersweet and moving. Too bad I can't sing...

Will

Got the pdf . . . thanks. It's going to the top of my songs to learn next list. Right now, I'm working on Ashokan Farewell and Sunrise Sunset (which ended up near the top just because I did a run through and like the way it sounds on a uke). Have to admit that I'm wondering how on earth long it's going to take before I can play these without looking at the music/tabs.

Got the pdf . . . Have to admit that I'm wondering how on earth long it's going to take before I can play these without looking at the music/tabs.

Don't even think about it (at first), just play the tunes you enjoy from as wide a source as possible. If you're anything like me, eventually some will start to "stick". In the meantime you won't have got bored or disillusioned ;)

I think the best way to learn or memorize any arrangement is to start with the melody. Just play the melody notes of the arrangement and memorize that part. Then build the harmonizing notes around it. Having a little knowledge of chord progressions helps you learn those harmony notes. Good luck!

Don't even think about it (at first), just play the tunes you enjoy from as wide a source as possible. If you're anything like me, eventually some will start to "stick". In the meantime you won't have got bored or disillusioned ;)

Good advice and I decided to take it. I'm not looking to become a performer. I'd like to learn some songs well enough that I can sit back and just play them without dragging out books, but there's no hurry.

I think the best way to learn or memorize any arrangement is to start with the melody. Just play the melody notes of the arrangement and memorize that part. Then build the harmonizing notes around it. Having a little knowledge of chord progressions helps you learn those harmony notes. Good luck!

Also good advice. One of the things I want to learn is to find the melody notes when all I have to work with is a tab sheet. I think that will help me come up with my own arrangements somewhere down the line.

Hi, the dropbox link for the tab seems to be deleted. Does anyone have any idea how I may access the Will Bickart tab ? Thanks.

Top Bottom