Can any body identify this Uke?

The body shape suggests a Regal, maybe 1930s. But the headstock (it would help to see it properly) looks a bit different, as does the square end to the fretboard. Was the headstock originally bound?

Here's the nearest comparator I could find in a quick search:

http://antebelluminstruments.blogspot.co.uk/2016/07/1930s-regal-made-mahogany-soprano.html

Regal made a huge variety of models, and also made ukes for others, so if this was from a small batch produced for, say, a small chain of shops, this might be the only survivor!

Nice looking mahogany.

Thanks' so much! That's the one. 30's Regal. There is a decorative rabbet around the peghead not a binding ledge
I've been looking for replacement tuners that don't require enlarging the holes much as they are very close to the edge.
The old buttons are disintegrating.

WIN_20160916_14_44_17_Pro.jpg

This is my first post on the forum. is there a trick to getting pictures to appear in the post instead of as attachments?

Thanks again.

Sadly the market for replica tuning pegs is such that your options are:
Fill holes and fit your choice of new tuners
Literally the cheapest tuners you can find on ebay.
Making your own.

I see you are down to 3 original shafts. Hand carving new buttons can be more than tricky.

Doesn't exactly look like the originals tuning pegs.

If you read all the blurb that goes with this you will see that the tuners have been replaced by the seller http://antebelluminstruments.blogspo...y-soprano.html they look like standard uke tuners that come from taiwan.

Yeah, they look like Grover champion tuners to me.
I decided to just try and buy a little more time and filled the cracking buttons w/ black epoxy.
If I have to I'll use theseWIN_20160917_12_47_11_Pro.jpg without the bushings. just a slight hole enlargement.
Hideous looking though.

WIN_20160916_13_15_49_Pro.jpg
WIN_20160917_13_08_42_Pro.jpg

The corrosion you see will buff right out showing just the brass base as is the case on the other ones you have. You can just replace the washer with a new one. The vintage market being what it is, You won't be loosing value by installing a more modern tuner even with a little reaming to accommodate the knurl. If this is to be a regular player it is what I'd do.
If you want the tuner pictured, Its yours for the price of Postage.

Top Bottom