Thread: Community - Groups

Default Community - Groups

for the first time in a long time I made a new post on one of the "Community - Groups" which I am a member. There was a time shen I was active on a couple groups, and for no reason than failure to hit the right button on the menu bar I just haven't been back in a while.

From the looks of the number of groups which have been idle for so long, I'm not the only one.

So, my New Year's Resolution (you start your year when you want...) is to be sure to hit the "new group messages" and "community" buttons more often. These groups can really be fun.

So, back to the Banjo Uke group sites.....
    Last edited by SteveZ; 09-21-2016 at 03:12 PM.
    ...SteveZ

Ukuleles: Martin T1K (T)*, Oscar Schmidt OU28T (T8), Lanikai LU-6 (T6), RISA Solid (C), Effin UkeStart (C), Flea (S)**
    Banjo-Ukes: Duke 10 (T)*, Lanikai LB6-S (S)*
    Tenor Guitars: Martin TEN515, Blueridge BR-40T
    Tenor Banjo: Deering Goodtime 17-Fret
    Mandolin: Burgess (#7)***

Tuning: *Reentrant C CGDA. **DAEB. ***GDAE. The rest are CGDA

The inventory is always in some flux, but that's part of the fun.

I noticed that too when I went to my settings page and realized a long time ago I became a member of the Los Angeles and the Custom Ukes groups but never looked at them, so I added them to my signature like I see so many people do on the Talk Bass forum. That way those groups are more present and easier for others to look at them.

Boy, I don't think I want to be a member of a pooping group, especially if one popped up around me. (Sorry, I had to do that, couldn't resist.)

In my case I used a Meet up group on the web to start the group. That was four and a half years ago and it works very well. We meet a couple of times per month.
    http://www.karaukey.com - Ukulele Karaoke - Ukulele Backing Tracks - Strum Class
    http://www.meetup.com/ukulelians - Gold Coast and Hinterland Ukulele Group

Thread Information