FS: Sonny d Bell Shaped Super Concert KOA

Cool_parrot

Reaction score
After thinking all year, it’s time to sell my Sonny d. Purchased new 2014(?) and never played. Hand made with a gorgeous glossy finish. Hand written note below shows the material its made out of (typical Sonny d style), with top, back and sides made out of KOA. Selling the case as well. Definitely no wear.

Price for both $700 includes shipping to CONUS

Photos to follow

Pat

The first truly great uke that I ever played was a Sonny-D concert. It knocked me out, but had the skinniest fretboard I've ever seen to date. I played another later that was more comfortable, but didn't have the "magic sound' of the first. (Isn't it always something?).

May I ask why this one has never been played for 2 years?

Thanks!
Ernie

No real reason except I love my Kamaka KOA concert. I bought this on a whim since my first uke was a Sonny d tenor. I've just purchased a 6-string from this site and just decided I didn't need it and someone should have it that will play it.

The fretboard is a little wide...probably better for larger hands and finger-style playing. The sound is really great and projects well...would be better, IMHO, with different strings.

Looks great!

Wish I had the scratch to make you a reasonable offer as these don't come up for sale very often...

Good luck with the sale!

The sound is really great and projects well...would be better, IMHO, with different strings.
I have to admit the choice of strings seems rather, well, odd. But how would you know how they sound when it's never been played? :confused: :p

Seriously, good luck with the sale. This is normally the kind of quirky goodness I dig, but fortunately(?), my UAS is in remission at the moment.

Sonny D's always put a smile on my face. Jim H. hit it on the head, they can be quirky,......but that is part of their appeal. From the pixs, this one looks like a winner. Good luck with the sale....it should sell quickly at that price.

Do you have a soundbite, per chance?

Never heard of a koa fretboard. The neck does look perfect for finger picking. Can you provide the nut width measurement please.

Never heard of a koa fretboard.

KoAloha used them on sopranos and concerts until just this year. Probably very traditional, seeing how the early Hawaiian ukuleles even had koa saddles. :)

LOL! Yes, I've played it around the house just noodling around. I guess I consider "playing" when a uke gets taken to a kani and tossed around a bit in the car. This one has not had any serious play.

That's what I love about it...has an awesome sound and easy to play. Action is good. Still for sale if you're interested! Have had lots of lookers, but no firm sale yet.

Top Bottom