FS Shinji Takahashi custom soprano Martin S5 style/copy

mark howard

Reaction score
Hi all,

Hi all,

Well it was sold... then the funds never appeared, upside is, it's available, and cost of shipping to europe insured is £48 tracked, also price dropped
as I need to re-purpose the money, usual stuff,

£700 shipped to Europe, rest of the world depends on zip/postal code area

message me for any other info

I have decided to part with this lovely custom build soprano ukulele, made by Shinji Takahashi, one of Japans top Luthiers and the from what I can gather the luthier behind some of the best well known Japanese ukes like the kiwaya master range
this one looks pretty much exactly like a Martin S5 with all the bling/bindings snowflake fret markers and squiggly mother of pearl headstock design, it's an absolute beauty, not as light as a Martin S3, but built beautifully,

The sound has great character, and is not pingy and bright, but more refined.it's all hand made by Shinji, no date stamp, but has a label that reads, fine ukuleles for your good life, T's Ukuleles, signed Shinji. T, - poduced/custom
model - CSM-5K

I have had a strap button fitted in the end of the uke, I did not have one fitted at the top as I use a piece of silk ribbon to attach the strap at the top via a clip, but wanted the security of a decent fixed button on the bottom, the button was actually from a set that has a jack plug hole, but its not connected to anything, no wiring, I did intend to have a pick up fitted, to do this you would need to remove the button by unscrewing and then solder the required wires to the end of the jack housing, I can add photos later so you can see the pin, it was all fitted properly.

looking £800

thanks Mark

Attachments

• neck.jpg
    neck.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 227
  • hole.jpg
    hole.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 187
  • head.jpg
    head.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 186
  • full.jpg
    full.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 269
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Hi Mark, I just tried to send a reply to your message, but your inbox is full. :)

Hi Natalie,

sorry, I didn't realise there was a limit, just cleared it.

speak soon Mark

Hi all,

Well it was sold... then the funds never appeared, upside is, it's available, and cost of shipping to europe insured is £48 tracked, also price dropped
as I need to re-purpose the money, usual stuff,

£700 shipped to Europe, rest of the world depends on zip/postal code area

message me for any other info

No takers????

last chance guys and girls, this has to be as rare as anything unicorn related, probably a one off, in soprano size,
I will be chopping it in against a Classical guitar on Tuesday, unless someone stops me.....

you know you want:D

Top Bottom